GDT: Capz @ Maple Syruppers. 7pm EST. Canada-land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
We've been having a great March performing well above expectations, I doubt anyone here would've predicted our current position w/heavy schedule Plus Strength of Schedule

Hockey Gods are throwing us a bone with PHI losing to MTL and DET losing in reg too

Bummer we couldn't hang tonight, 1st pd wasn't bad, then bounces/mistakes added up, at least AM34 didn't score on his 23 shot attempts

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1711681307709.gif

Hendrix Lapierre gets today's game puck for generally not screwing up.

There will be no honorable mentions.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
When we lose we get our ass kicked! It’s kinda funny.

I’m not mad that we retained Patches. But he has been bad lately. Hope Milano plays on Saturday.

Reactions: Calicaps

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Idk, I think his .5 PPG pace is about what should have been expected from a 35 yo Pacioretty after so many injuries.
Problem is mostly his goalscoring. He is supposed to bring goals and only sits on three goals in 37 games.

The seasons before he had 3 in 5, 19 in 39 and 24 in 48. So the years before his injury he was a .5 GPG. Wasnt expected to continue with that on Capitals after injury, but around .3 to .4 GPG was around what would be a successfull signing. He lacks in the defensive part og the game so if he isnt bringing goals he is not worth it.

If he doesnt score I have him in the group with Sgarbossa and NAK who should sit.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Goal scoring is a streaky thing though. Current seasons of Ovechkin and Wilson are two obvious examples. Patches should sit or play in a small role anyway though, as he's very unlikely to be in the club's plans for the future, and we're struggling to fit all our winger prospects on the roster. Max's already earned his games played bonus.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Idk, I think his .5 PPG pace is about what should have been expected from a 35 yo Pacioretty after so many injuries.
But his career was built on scoring goals and that (for me anyway) is why he's been disappointing.
And I'm pretty sure he was signed for that reason.

3 goals on 75 shots. Shooting at 4% is D-man territory (Sandin and Fever).

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
That's why jeff schultz will always be the best defender the caps have ever had. that +55 is untouchable.
I know a lot of people don't consider plus minus to be a useful stat but I think it can still provide some info - for example on a per game basis like this one against the Leafs.

TVR had a giveaway that led directly to a goal.
Fever was on the ice for 3 goals against. You could say "well sure he's on the 1st pairing and gets the hardest deployments against the Leafs top line", but....

Something very weird happened in this game, which I don't think I've ever seen before: every single Leafs player was a +1 except for Brodie and Lyubushkin +2.

That means every single Leafs line scored a goal tonight.

For Fever to be out there for 3 of those goals does suggest he might not have been at his best tonight.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He’s been a big disappointment….he washed…
I dunno about disappointment. Expectations were pretty low. He's probably another good "this is how you be a pro" exemplar for the kids, especially with 19 gone. But he's definitely washed and surely won't be missed.
+
No Matthews goals
Flyers and Red Wings lost

-
L
Ovi didn't score
Pretty much this. Screw the Leafs. They've got the Caps' number this year, but I don't think they're real contenders. Just glad Philly and Detroit didn't gain any ground on us. Would've been nice to see the fish sticks lose, but I think/hope they're too far back already to be a real threat.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Thought the Capital's goalie was the best player on the ice last night.

I know he gave up 5 but it could easily have been much, much worse with another goalie.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I dunno about disappointment. Expectations were pretty low. He's probably another good "this is how you be a pro" exemplar for the kids, especially with 19 gone. But he's definitely washed and surely won't be missed.

Pretty much this. Screw the Leafs. They've got the Caps' number this year, but I don't think they're real contenders. Just glad Philly and Detroit didn't gain any ground on us. Would've been nice to see the fish sticks lose, but I think/hope they're too far back already to be a real threat.
I mean once it was apparent his leg wasn’t falling off, I kinda expected some goals is all…not a ton, but more than this crap…

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Our odds of making the playoffs went up despite getting thumped lol
Yeah as our main rivals (Det+PHI) also lost and we have higher point percentage so that means they have fewer games to beat us. I expect Philly to win vs Chicago next, but then they play the Isles. If Isles are able to win their game vs Tampa aswell. Then they might get back in the race with a win over Philly and be 3 points back on Philly with 2 game sin hand.

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille