GDT: CAPTH @ CANETH - 8PM

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Get nervous that even if he did decide to sell if he’d even pull any good trades off. He’s almost always just dumping 2nd, 3rds, 4ths for depth guys or trade ups at the draft. He’s not been in this position before.
GMGM had never done a sell-off before afaik, but that went well enough. Alot of pain then some gain.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I’d run this horse into the ground….see who wants to stay and who bails….no need to pay another coach to suck….besides who credible signing up for this mess now who wouldn’t just be “interim”?

They can tank the rest of the way with Lavi just fine and search in the off-season.
We need to see kids from Hershey play. Laviolette should no longer be involved in their development.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
GMBM doesn't have the balls. And if they aren't making the playoffs, they aren't going to bother with a coaching change.
Ummm, he has fired coaches before. GMBM would want to see who steps up after a dramatic change.

sell-trading.gif

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I’d run this horse into the ground….see who wants to stay and who bails….no need to pay another coach to suck….besides who credible signing up for this mess now who wouldn’t just be “interim”?

They can tank the rest of the way with Lavi just fine and search in the off-season.
What's wrong with an interim coach? It's not even about tanking it's about seeing who is actually willing to stress the depth chart of your organization before you have to make decisions.

Right now the guys who are going to want to stay are the Irwins and McIlraths who f***ing suck, find me a coach who wants to play somebody else.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Roster might be flawed but the team went on a crazy run beating good teams. Bad roster doesn't do that. Lavi sucks plain and simple. He is good for one good stretch a season. That's about it.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The coaching staff with the knock-off attire...chef's kiss. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Bring up McMichael. If we're going to suck, let’s at least suck with young players getting a ton of ice time.
Why bring up anyone who could improve the team at this point?

What's wrong with an interim coach? It's not even about tanking it's about seeing who is actually willing to stress the depth chart of your organization before you have to make decisions.

Right now the guys who are going to want to stay are the Irwins and McIlraths who f***ing suck, find me a coach who wants to play somebody else.
It’s pointless….it solves nothing, except it gets you guys the pound of flesh you’ve been craving all season…..at this point, I just want to see you starve. ;)

• Love

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
They got a lame duck coach that has done a terrible job here, half the team are pending UFA or RFAs, questionable prospect pool at best, too much money tied up in a aging veterans. GMBM probably needs to go for being the architect of this mess.

Reactions: PlushMinus

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
now hold on, you can't possibly take that line after insisting all year that he's not ready because Laviolette believed he wasn't ready.

according to the party line it should be pretty clear that that's a negative move, right?
I’m all on the tank now…..call up Hersey’s worst! Lol….

• Haha
Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Why bring up anyone who could improve the team at this point?

It’s pointless….it solves nothing, except it gets you guys the pound of flesh you’ve been craving all season…..at this point, I just want to see you starve. ;)
Then you're literally so emotional about this that you can't make good decisions. Sorry you tethered yourself to the wrong party and want to go down with the ship but they need to stress test the players they haven't tested yet get ahead of their asset management.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Then you're literally so emotional about this that you can't make good decisions. Sorry you tethered yourself to the wrong party and want to go down with the ship but they need to stress test the players they haven't tested yet get ahead of their asset management.
I’m having fun with it….if we‘re going to miss the postseason, go hard in reverse. I wouldn’t call up CMM until we ship bodies out.

I happen to think they already have a pretty good handle on what their own guys can bring. This stress test idea isn’t needed really.

Reactions: HTFN

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I’m having fun with it….if we‘re going to miss the postseason, go hard in reverse. I wouldn’t call up CMM until we ship bodies out.
In that case, yeah, Matt Irwin at 1C surrounded by literal statues, let's do this right

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
There's still another period after this one?

:help:
Our penance isn’t over apparently…

Sure it does. Given up on the coach knowing he doesn't have the management skills to get them to the playoffs.

This has the feels of a firing night. GMBM is watching the same mess as we are.
They know they don’t have the talent or the healthy players….that‘s 100% it IMO….no coach changes that.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
What I don’t want to hear is a continued effort to explain this all away due to injuries. It’s such a weak-ass excuse. And that happens to lots of teams. But most importantly, this team has played decidedly worse with Nicky, Oshie, and Wilson in the lineup then without them. And they went on their only heater of the year without those guys + Carlson.

The core is done and it needs to be blown up but they’re too old and compromised for that to even be worthwhile. Management just watched as their core assets deteriorate over time and did nothing but throw more money at them. It’s a failure at the very top.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think they can get in the 9-10 pick range without too much trouble. They're not better than Ottawa. Probably not St. Louis either, even after selling off a few pieces.

The main area selling off the rentals could crush is the PK. Can't score, can't defend probably in any fashion after selling. IF they sell. Could still easily see them doing something desperate instead. They're that dim.

• Wow
Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC

They know they don’t have the talent or the healthy players….that‘s 100% it IMO….no coach changes that.
Devils advocate...they are missing Ovie, Carlson, and Dowd. (I don't count Brown and Hagelin since they barley have played for the Caps).....to be THIS bad missing three players...this isn't a good roster.

Granted I'm on my 5th beer...so....my logic is probably flawed.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

Not saying a new coach will change anything, and I don't care if a new one does, but it might show GMBM what one of the problems is. Process of elimination. Sure all the injuries sucks, but every team gets the injury bug, and the team was performing well adn then with personnel rejoining the death spiral began.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad