GDT: Caps vs Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Absolutely, I love May. Players would probably whine he picks on them too much during the game though.

I think the team would nix having a negative (read: rooted-in-reality) voice doing color with Joe or whoever is doing pbp. They probably tolerate his approach within the limited role mostly pre- and post-game.

Any "reporting" by Joe, Craig (those few instances), Walton or Vogel is probably constrained by contract language between NBCSN/radio network and the team.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Most (if not all) of you know more about hockey than I do. Honest question, not just heat of the moment - are they done? I don't see anything working right, nor do I see a coaching staff that has tried to change things to find better approaches. Always pull for the guys but this doesn't look like a playoff team, let alone a Cup contender. :ha:

They look done, but it's all on them to decide if they are or not. They have enough veterans and youth in the lineup. They need to brain dump a lot of crap going back to Reirden and what this current assistant staff has been teaching them. I'm actually shocked the Caps haven't given up more SH goals this year. The Caps are road warriors, so this upcoming stretch should let us know for sure. They do have injuries, but that isn't an excuse for lack of motivation and execution. The good thing so far is they are in the playoffs currently and we've seen worse teams make runs in the playoffs, well for me in my lifetime I have.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I think the team would nix having a negative (read: rooted-in-reality) voice doing color with Joe or whoever is doing pbp. They probably tolerate his approach within the limited role mostly pre- and post-game.

Any "reporting" by Joe, Craig (those few instances), Walton or Vogel is probably constrained by contract language between NBCSN/radio network and the team.

I do believe you're correct.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This team was better when half of the roster was from Hershey, not even kidding. Also riding OV whole early season has cost him, well a lot.

Ovie is coming off of COVID. If you know anyone who's had it the cardio effects can linger for weeks or more.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

ToddBrew

Oct 5, 2017
We are not a good hockey team.
We'll probably limp into the playoffs. Then imagine going a full series with Florida or Carolina. Nope.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
We are not a good hockey team.
We'll probably limp into the playoffs. Then imagine going a full series with Florida or Carolina. Nope.

I believe Pitt is going to take the division by what I've watched. They look prime for another SC and I hate to admit it.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I’d give Ovi some slack after COVID. I think the team would benefit greatly if Lavi stopped putting the lines into a constant blender.

Settle on 3 stable lines and let people develop some chemistry, and maybe they get back to some tic tac toe passing, or something resembling cohesion.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Everyone has regressed, even Fehrevary. I don’t think we can underestimate the importance of assistant coaches. This isn’t a single slump that we’re making too much out of. I’m seeing a lot of bad habits that are developing individually and systemically. I don’t think defensive sticks are on the ice, backing up way too quickly in the neutral zone and defensive zone, and lack of player movement in the offensive zone (esp on the PP).

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Everyone has regressed, even Fehrevary. I don’t think we can underestimate the importance of assistant coaches. This isn’t a single slump that we’re making too much out of. I’m seeing a lot of bad habits that are developing individually and systemically. I don’t think defensive sticks are on the ice, backing up way too quickly in the neutral zone and defensive zone, and lack of player movement in the offensive zone (esp on the PP).
The stick problem is like Adam Oates days. This was one of the 1st things Trotz fixed in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad