GDT: Caps vs Red wings 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Just finished watching - goals from Dowd, Strome (2) and McMichael and Lapierre played an incredibly solid 2-way game and used his speed effectively. Would not have imagined that group to provide such strength down the middle. And again, the effort and work rate up and down the lineup is spectacular.

Also Carbs - the man with the plan

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
🔑 #1: Avoid the dirty areas

↔️

Thought they got a little too greasy at times but I was happy with the way Strome and Dowd avoided contact and got some clean looks.

🔑 #2: Make the risky play

↔️

Again, they weren't bad but I think they could have afforded to do a little more east-west and rushes up the ice. As an example, Lapierre made some incredibly risky plays in OT that paid dividends. More of that, please.

🔑 #3: "With great power comes great responsibility."

✅

Spencer Carbery with a master class in coaching, benching NAK after some let's just say "peculiar" defending.

Reactions: um

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
↔️

Thought they got a little too greasy at times but I was happy with the way Strome and Dowd avoided contact and got some clean looks.

↔️

Again, they weren't bad but I think they could have afforded to do a little more east-west and rushes up the ice. As an example, Lapierre made some incredibly risky plays in OT that paid dividends. More of that, please.

✅

Spencer Carbery with a master class in coaching, benching NAK after some let's just say "peculiar" defending.
#4 Me Twabby, will always hate Tom Wilson, whether in the lineup or not!

Reactions: Rockingred12

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
3rd full game in a row for me.
f*** the lottery. I want them to make the playoffs. Nothing better that the feeling that your team is playing for something. Right now they're playing the games to make it and it's fun to watch (as a fan) excitement is present.

Huge W. Would be better without Kane's equalizer.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
There's nothing fun about the playoffs. Only stress and disappointment.

Except that one year!
I think this year would be different for me. We’ve won our cup (albeit, a little while ago now), and we weren’t expected to do bunk this year. Add to it, that we were dead and buried just a scant 6 weeks ago…..and this totally feels like we are playing with house money.

I didn’t expect them here, and I don’t expect them to win a round. I’d hope they’d win 1-2 games. That would satisfy me. Put a little “scare” into which ever top seeded team they are playing.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I think this year would be different for me. We’ve won our cup (albeit, a little while ago now), and we weren’t expected to do bunk this year. Add to it, that we were dead and buried just a scant 6 weeks ago…..and this totally feels like we are playing with house money.

I didn’t expect them here, and I don’t expect them to win a round. I’d hope they’d win 1-2 games. That would satisfy me. Put a little “scare” into which ever top seeded team they are playing.
totally agree. a bit like the first time Ovi and crew made it. the expectations then were higher but not do or die. it was get in, get experience, maybe win a few, have fun.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

That's a reasonable way of thinking. I don't do that.

Cup or bust.

totally agree. a bit like the first time Ovi and crew made it. the expectations then were higher but not do or die. it was get in, get experience, maybe win a few, have fun.
I'm still pissed about that missed goalie interference in game 7. Arg!

Sep 19, 2008
yesterday was the first time in 8 years of season ticket holder fandom that I saw the guest services willingly give out extra bobbleheads after the game

Sad Darcy's career has come to this

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
yesterday was the first time in 8 years of season ticket holder fandom that I saw the guest services willingly give out extra bobbleheads after the game

Sad Darcy's career has come to this
I mean, they didn't even let him play on his bubblehead night. Not sure i recall this happening to another player aside from injuries etc....

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
If your a true Caps fan, this stupid, crazy, pointless little run of theirs is beyond depressing.
I'm not mad at the Caps though. They're just dong their jobs. I am royally pissed at the freakin'
Dead Things and pitiful New Jersey Devils. Particularly Detroit, who are doing an impression
of Free Willy landing on some beach and flopping around in the sand. PATHETIC. The Red Wings
players should be denied their salaries. They should be fired and should be sent to fight on the front lines in one of the current global wars, take your pick. That will wake them up.

Now watch as the Caps get swept in 4 and Pittsburgh ends up with a franchise player in the draft.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Thing is, if the ref calls GI on the Flyers 2nd goal in Game 7 as should have been called, or doesn't make that absurd call on Poti in OT - we win that game, and then likely blow through Montreal into the 3rd round (as a very mediocre Philly team did) against Sid and the Pens. Apart from being a great spectacle, we would have gotten more experience winning playoff series earlier - and that would have made us stronger for the subsequent series to come. If if if if

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
If your a true Caps fan, this stupid, crazy, pointless little run of theirs is beyond depressing.
I'm not mad at the Caps though. They're just dong their jobs. I am royally pissed at the freakin'
Dead Things and pitiful New Jersey Devils. Particularly Detroit, who are doing an impression
of Free Willy landing on some beach and flopping around in the sand. PATHETIC. The Red Wings
players should be denied their salaries. They should be fired and should be sent to fight on the front lines in one of the current global wars, take your pick. That will wake them up.

Now watch as the Caps get swept in 4 and Pittsburgh ends up with a franchise player in the draft.
If you make the playoffs and have a 38% chance of winning each series you have a 2% of winning the Cup. In a capped league it is rare for a team to have as low as a 38% chance to win a playoff series. I truly believe if the Caps make the playoffs with their centers they have a greater than 2% to win the Cup.

Reactions: um
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad