GDT: Caps vs Rangers 7pm ET Feb 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'll be honest, I don't see any team this year that spectacular. Florida looks good, but they don't have the experience. Most of this season is a lot of hype. Tamps has the experience and luck, however other than that no team this season looks all that imho.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
We are ahead by 12. 10 after tonight. Columbus is like 8-2 in last 10. Won 4 in a row. That won’t last. And i doubt caps will play the same 500 hockey. It will be more than 10 points difference when the season ends.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Far and away the worst players tonight in the following order.
1. Sammy
1a. TVR, I thought he was hideous tonight.
3. Backstrom
4. Carlson
5. Oshie

I thought Kuzy was good, 4th line was good. Rest was meh. I had concerns about the Backstrom line and the didn’t disappoint.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
The reason I watch year after year is the hopes of winning the Cup. Whether Ovi gets the record or not won't change my opinion of him. It is all about winning championships.
Have to be realistic tho. I want them to win too but they haven't had a high end goalie since the cup run and that really seemed like the last bit of greatness holtby had. If they were serious about championships management wouldn't have mediocre vanecek and completely inconsistent samsonov. The second they knew holtby was done they should have really addressed that. On top of terrible goaltending they bargain bin shopped for Jenson, tvr, and other journeyman no name dman. When they won they paid for defense.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
We are ahead by 12. 10 after tonight. Columbus is like 8-2 in last 10. Won 4 in a row. That won’t last. And i doubt caps will play the same 500 hockey. It will be more than 10 points difference when the season ends.
Columbus 10 back, but two in hand. Essentially a 6 point lead.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I'll be honest, I don't see any team this year that spectacular. Florida looks good, but they don't have the experience. Most of this season is a lot of hype. Tamps has the experience and luck, however other than that no team this season looks all that imho.
Right now I would take Canes from East and Colorado from west.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Colorado looks unstoppable right now. You've got MacKinnon, Kadri, Rantanen, Landeskog, Makar and the list goes on

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If CBJ can get decent goaltending and Washington's continues to largely flop it could be on. If I were Jarmo I'd add a Kessel and a depth D instead of selling. It would be much better for selling Laine on their future and for their core to put up a challenge. They'll fade some but with Laine hot and some confidence brewing you never know.

Reactions: Misery74

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Leafs year! and Shesterkin carries the Rangers to the conference finals

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Have to be realistic tho. I want them to win too but they haven't had a high end goalie since the cup run and that really seemed like the last bit of greatness holtby had. If they were serious about championships management wouldn't have mediocre vanecek and completely inconsistent samsonov. The second they knew holtby was done they should have really addressed that. On top of terrible goaltending they bargain bin shopped for Jenson, tvr, and other journeyman no name dman. When they won they paid for defense.
Are you complaining about Jensen? They traded a second for him, was a savvy move.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Honestly what do we do with Backstrom? Normally I would say bury him on the 3rd line but Eller has sucked this year too.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Are you complaining about Jensen? They traded a second for him, was a savvy move.
I'm saying gm thru shit at the wall with a lot of mediocre dmen. When they won the cup and even the 2 years before they had a defined top 4. Now it's like whatever. Whoever is healthy after orlov and carlson

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
Switch the goaltenders and the Caps win that game. That’s how. I really don’t care what you think to be honest. I don’t think they played a perfect game. Their PP sucks and so does Samsonov but I thought they played pretty well at 5v5. Agree to disagree. It really doesn’t matter to me.
But there’s more to hockey than 5x5 play. So until the other facets are improved, this team is just not that good.

Reactions: PlushMinus

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
But there’s more to hockey than 5x5 play. So until the other facets are improved, this team is just not that good.
I don’t disagree but 5v5 is the most important aspect of the game and the special teams have been good enough recently (as in the PP the last few years) that I would hope they can figure it out before the playoffs.

Samsonov clearly isn’t it in net though and I would assume VV takes over as the defacto starter when he is good to go.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
I don’t disagree but 5v5 is the most important aspect of the game and the special teams have been good enough recently (as in the PP the last few years) that I would hope they can figure it out before the playoffs.

Samsonov clearly isn’t it in net though and I would assume VV takes over as the defacto starter when he is good to go.
VV isn’t the solution either.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Didn't watch it. Did we lose because of goaltending? Or do we suck in general? Not good trend going to the playoffs :( we'll be lucky to win a game in the 1st round :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad