Post-Game Talk: Caps vs PHI Oct 7

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Outside of 2 blatantly bad pizzas for goals and Ovie's injury, I'm relatively happy with the last tune up before the season.

Reactions: troyerlaw

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I don’t know if Lapierre earned a sweater tonight for next week’s opener, but IMO, Malenstyn did.

Costly preseason win. I hope Ovie isn’t out for long.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Lapierre has been a great story this preseason but tonight shows he is still a year or two away. I don’t think we’ll see him play a regular season game. If OV is out for a game or three I suspect we’ll see Malenstyn in the lineup along with CMM. Beck had a strong game.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I thought Fever looked really good tonight. I think he won a top 6 dee role. And he played well with JC74. The question will be TVR or Kempny on 3LD.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Malenstyn played more in this game than Lapierre. That was Lapierre's worst game...not terrible but a mixed bag and not a clear strong statement. Unless they're trading Hagelin not sure I see a regular spot for Malenstyn, who should be on an NHL roster if not this one. He'd offer more physicality and likely a willingness to fight if need be but subtracting a known PK quantity could be tough.

If 8 misses time maybe against the Rangers they go with Malenstyn in the lineup but they'd need more of a top nine type skill player. Do they trust Lapierre or are they perhaps comfortable going with Hagelin or Pilon on the third line?

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Getting worried that might be a bad injury for Ovi…

If he’s out I would play Malenstyn 4LW. Move Hagelin up wherever. Might have to rework the lines again. And McMichael > Lapierre IMO.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Getting worried that might be a bad injury for Ovi…

If he’s out I would play Malenstyn 4LW. Move Hagelin up wherever. Might have to rework the lines again. And McMichael > Lapierre IMO.
Oh no. Hagelin is lucky to be in the lineup at all. If OV is out, Lapierre should stay, we will need more offense. He has a 9 game tryout.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Oh no. Hagelin is lucky to be in the lineup at all. If OV is out, Lapierre should stay, we will need more offense. He has a 9 game tryout.
I’d still keep Lapierre around for a bit, but I think opening night Hagelin/Malenstyn fit in better as wingers. Especially if we are down a LW.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I think all sports should have fighting, or none should. Let’s see some basketball players throwing haymakers. Or some annoying golfers swinging putters at each other. Or equestrian riders jousting each other.
I want basketball players to be able to slap each other so bad, and I think players like Harden would be forced to play more honestly if he’d have to watch his ass after folding up all day for extra foul shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad