I got Alex Ovechkin
Tv in the back ground
"Ovechkin limps off injured down the tunnel"

WTF!

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I really wouldn’t mind rotating TVR and Kempny at 2/3RD, honestly. TVR’s game right now is a lot steadier shift-to-shift, both have really good wheels, and Kempny has more physicality and aggression to his game and perhaps more offensive upside.

Schultz hasn’t looked bad this preseason, but he hasn’t done much to make himself stand out from Jensen honestly. I’m increasingly more concerned about having Schultz in the lineup with Carlson, than having Kempny and TVR in. It feels like Schultz and Carlson are too similar in play styles - and deficiencies - to warrant both being in the lineup at 5v5.

Jun 15, 2007
That was a really bad hit that caused the Ovechkin injury. I get he only put like 10% of himself into it but such a pointless thing to do.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
I really wouldn’t mind rotating TVR and Kempny at 2/3RD, honestly. TVR’s game right now is a lot steadier shift-to-shift, both have really good wheels, and Kempny has more physicality and aggression to his game and perhaps more offensive upside.

Schultz hasn’t looked bad this preseason, but he hasn’t done much to make himself stand out from Jensen honestly. I’m increasingly more concerned about having Schultz in the lineup with Carlson, than having Kempny and TVR in. It feels like Schultz and Carlson are too similar in play styles - and deficiencies - to warrant both being in the lineup at 5v5.
Kempny needs to work on his timing still. He should go play some games in Hershey and then come back up. I don’t want him playing here in games that matter in his current form.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
too risky that Kempny gets claimed which we don’t want now that we have cap space with Backstrom on LTIR. He just can’t be an everyday player. So TVR most night with Kempny getting duty. Deal with Cap when we have to.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Better for Kempny to play every night and ideally avoid rotations early on, yes? Barring injury or poor play I don't see a spot for Kempny. If they need a fill-in 3LD Irwin can do mostly just as well.

Start Kempny in Hershey building his game back up, playing a lot and then either trade him or use him if need be. They don't desperately need the cap space right now but eventually they will face a slight cap crunch when fully healthy. Even if they bury Kempny in Hershey it looks like they still may not have enough space to activate Backstrom without shaving down to a 22 player roster (requiring both Pilon & Malenstyn to be waived barring no trades). If they want maximum flexibility they'll need to trade Kempny or Hagelin most likely. Or Jensen I guess but even with TVR as another righty I don't think that's wise. Not with Hershey's best available RD being McIlrath. They could sign Franson or Subban but it sticks out as their weakest organizational depth position.

Reactions: Raikkonen

Jun 15, 2007
too risky that Kempny gets claimed which we don’t want now that we have cap space with Backstrom on LTIR. He just can’t be an everyday player. So TVR most night with Kempny getting duty. Deal with Cap when we have to.
Risky? It would be a miracle.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Ovechkin hurt?

Thank god we only traded our 2nd round pick from the next draft.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Imagine. We are facing starting the season with all of Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Backstrom out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad