GDT: Caps vs Pens 7:30pm

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I dont have espn+ .. and Im worried hulu will say blocked bc of local broadcasting.

Ill see how it goes tonight .. but am I worried.

Why isnt it on monument? why dissolve nbcsw and name it monument, if you arent having the caps on?

Reactions: TJHKY and bacchist

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I will probably end up shelling out for it, mostly because it's opening night and I've been looking forward to it for months.
That's their plan, make you pay more for what was previously included. Yay capitalism?

That's why I have no problem with the existence of the illegal streams for the currently 3 or 4 gms per year (which will undoubtedly only increase)

Sep 19, 2008
Because Monumental is only carrying 69 (hehe) games this year and the other 2 or 3 are on ESPN+ because they want to "get people to watch ESPN+". It's the same with those dumb london games being behind a paywall, or Peacock putting a wild card football game behind a paywall. All marketing gimmicks. And kind of lame too.

I don't know ANYONE who has ESPN+ and I don't know why they continue to cripple their audience by putting games especially a big rivalry like this behind a paywall. "Hey bartender, put the Caps game on. It's on ESPN+". Bartend: " TF is that channel we don't get that newfangled shit."

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
As much as we crap on the guy from time to time, his production/impact is pretty hard to argue with.

Carlson enters the season 73 games shy of 1,000 career games and could become the third player in franchise history to play 1,000 games with the Capitals, joining Ovechkin (1,347 GP) and Backstrom (1,097 GP). Since the start of the 2017-18 season, the Capitals have a record of 253-150-50 (.614 point percentage), the seventh-highest point percentage in the NHL in that span. During that same span, Washington has won just 19 of the 52 games it has played without Carlson (19-26-7, .433 points percentage). Carlson ranks second in the NHL in points among defensemen (79g-278a–357p in 401 GP) and first in points per game (0.89) (min. 400 GP) since 2017-18.

Sep 19, 2008
If you want to say you're out of market, you live in Nevada, Texas, Michigan whatever and want to see the Caps, fine, pay 9.99 a month for ESPN+ and you get all the NHL games out of market too which is a great deal, I admit that.

BUT WHAT ABOUT US IN THE DC AREA

I HAVE NO NEED TO WATCH ANY HOCKEY THAT ISN'T ON YOUTUBE TV

I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT SOME RANDOM ASS ESPN+ POWER PLAY SEATTLE VANCOUVER GAME THAT'S PLAYED WHEN I'M TRYING TO SLEEP

f*** off with these exclusives

Reactions: Neil Racki

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
As much as we crap on the guy from time to time, his production/impact is pretty hard to argue with.

Carlson is a fantastic player but his playoff impacts have tended to drop well below his regular season performances. That's my main gripe with him, but it's fine.

I hope the guys have a fun time out there tonight. Hopefully no injuries, hopefully some friendly banter amongst competitors sans any offensive slurs. And most importantly I hope the fans have a good time. Because after all this is entertainment. A lot of hard working folks pay good money to attend and watch these games, so I hope everyone gets their money's worth.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
It's pretty dumb that the ESPN+/Hulu Live exclusive games like... aren't on regular ESPN cable? But yeah, Thursday Night NFL games are now exclusively on Amazon Prime, which is extremely annoying.

It's all a shit system--and, in 2023, we're diving face-first into the darkest, dankest part of it.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Carlson is a fantastic player but his playoff impacts have tended to drop well below his regular season performances. That's my main gripe with him, but it's fine.

I hope the guys have a fun time out there tonight. Hopefully no injuries, hopefully some friendly banter amongst competitors sans any offensive slurs. And most importantly I hope the fans have a good time. Because after all this is entertainment. A lot of hard working folks pay good money to attend and watch these games, so I hope everyone gets their money's worth.

Really? I hope every Pens player on the ice takes a nutshot slapper and has to ice their balls for a week, but no permanent injuries. Except Lars. I want Lars to score 3 goals but the Caps win 8-3 on an Ovechtrick.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I mean, yeah... that's kind of the point. Cable is not cheap, and there's not much reason to keep it other than sports. That's pretty much just the Caps for me.

Carving out games that you can only watch by shelling for an additional service is a slap in the face.
Cable adds literally nothing. Streams and a VPN and there you have it.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Caps are getting a high pick this year CONFIRMED.

IMG_20231013_124415.jpg

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe

Curious how a goalie switch would affect the lineup?

If Kuemper is unavailable (as opposed to sitting as the backup), they’ll need to assign one of Protas or CMM to Hershey in order to call up a goalie (for the roster spot, if not cap hit too). They’re the only two guys on the roster who don’t need waivers. Tarik reported Protas took the scratches skate with Alexeyev, so I suspect Phillips will be in instead.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Protas loaned to Hershey, Clay Stephenson recalled. I assume they are leaving Hunter with Hershey for tomorrow's home opener, banner raising & ring ceremony.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad