Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Flyers 8:00 To panic or not to panic that is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Not sure the Caps really played better than in the last two games, but their aim was better and the Flyers are... porous.

They'll get there... the only thing that's important right now is for Niskanen to be ok.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Good win - didn't play very well, got lucky, dealt with punk-arse play from various Flyers, and never really gave em any hope.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
There's nothing to tank for this year. No McDavid, no Matthews, no Crosby type players. This is a very underwhelming draft, no point in tanking in their position.

You never know what happens in those things. Hell, didn't Kucherov go at #60 or something? :booboo:

Hockey is better when the Flyers are good. Just being honest as a hockey fan. Bruins too!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
You never know what happens in those things. Hell, didn't Kucherov go at #60 or something? :booboo:

Hockey is better when the Flyers are good. Just being honest as a hockey fan. Bruins too!

You just proved my point. If there is no obvious great player in the draft, no need to tank, you can get a surprise by picking a guy like Kucherov late in the draft. ;)

As a hockey fan, it's kind of sad to see how the big bad Flyers and Bruins lost their balls. There's little aggressiveness and pride left in those teams. We're the ones bullying them if anything.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Gudas reminds me of Brian Marchment, dirty D guy fond of knee on knee hits and proud of rep as a guy that looks to deliberately hurt his opponents.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You just proved my point. If there is no obvious great player in the draft, no need to tank, you can get a surprise by picking a guy like Kucherov late in the draft. ;)

As a hockey fan, it's kind of sad to see how the big bad Flyers and Bruins lost their balls. There's little aggressiveness and pride left in those teams. We're the ones bullying them if anything.

I get what you mean and I agree but what I meant was they're saying there is no great player in this draft but what if there is and he's sitting at 4 or 5?

Florida is now good and no one even comes to watch them play. :(

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Who even cares about the result, just want Niskanen to be ok.

Trotz said it doesn't look serious, which probably means he tore his ACL. :cry::cry:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I get what you mean and I agree but what I meant was they're saying there is no great player in this draft but what if there is and he's sitting at 4 or 5?

Florida is now good and no one even comes to watch them play. :(

They should still try to win games, but if it doesn't get better by the trade deadline, sell and wait for next season. There's very little incentive for tanking this year.

Pittsburgh only tanks for exceptional players. They tanked for Lemieux and for Ovechkin/Malkin. Nolan Patrick is nowhere near these guys.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
They should still try to win games, but if it doesn't get better by the trade deadline, sell and wait for next season. There's very little incentive for tanking this year.

Pittsburgh only tanks for exceptional players. They tanked for Lemieux and for Ovechkin/Malkin. Nolan Patrick is nowhere near these guys.
They tanked for MAF

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
I think OV has a wrist injury, he's been passing up clear shot opportunities and seems be softer on the puck then usual. You know they won't EVER say anything in the media and for good reason, guys we target that like Gaudreau earlier in the year.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I remember 66 getting nothing for firing a shot at Dale after the whistle. :laugh:

I remember both. Quite the sportsman he was. I don't think I have ever seen another player do that, before Gudas last night. Which was less obvious than Mario's hissy fit meltdowns.

Of course, Gudas is playing with fire challenging Ovi, a PP turret.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
How about Oshie standing up to Simmonds, even taking a left hook on the jaw from him. Oshie is a warrior.

Oh and Gudas is quickly becoming public enemy number 1.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think OV has a wrist injury, he's been passing up clear shot opportunities and seems be softer on the puck then usual. You know they won't EVER say anything in the media and for good reason, guys we target that like Gaudreau earlier in the year.

I recall Ov cutting across the middle in the offensive zone and taking a slash or falling awkwardly. He coasted back to the bench protecting his lower arm. I think they even showed a replay of it. But he didn't miss a shift.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Gudas propably won't be suspended. They are terrible at handling those.

Not that i mind. He wouldn't get long suspension either way and the Capitals aren't playing them in few weeks so i don't mind him staying on the ice.

Thanks for the goal Radko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad