Caps vs Flyers - 01/02/13

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think the negativity is pretty well justified. The D and goaltending are both coming around, but this team still hasn't scored more than 3 goals in any game, hasn't won a game by more than one goal, is 13th in the conference, and is only scoring 2.25 goals per game. Meanwhile, Tampa looks like world-beaters, and has already opened up a 7 point lead in the SE.

More importantly though, they haven't looked like a good team in any of their games. They have, at times, looked competent, but not good for more than a period at a time, and never great.

I'd love to be optimistic about this team, I just don't have a reason to think that way yet.

i think that in most cases having a more even keel is more productive. first impressions are often wrong.

the mike green ive seen in the past three games looks nothing like the first 3 games on the subject of his handling of the puck. i am sure there are numous players that are still trying to get tuned in.

lets talk again after theyve played 20

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
I think the negativity is pretty well justified. The D and goaltending are both coming around, but this team still hasn't scored more than 3 goals in any game, hasn't won a game by more than one goal, is 13th in the conference, and is only scoring 2.25 goals per game. Meanwhile, Tampa looks like world-beaters, and has already opened up a 7 point lead in the SE.

More importantly though, they haven't looked like a good team in any of their games. They have, at times, looked competent, but not good for more than a period at a time, and never great.

I'd love to be optimistic about this team, I just don't have a reason to think that way yet.

In the interest of fairness, the Lightning are probably the team in the division that needs the least work in terms of "coming together" after a lockout with barely any training camp time and no preseason at all.

It's still early and I'm not really shocked that a team who's had to deal with three fairly different systems in the last season and a handful of games is struggling. I don't think anyone really should be.

One positive is that, offensively, I don't think the team's been terrible. I see play being carried with no reward. Periods where the team should pot 2-3 goals and end up with 1 or none. The penalties will hopefully come down as the season goes on, too. Those have killed momentum more often than they have not.

I'm just glad the team's back on ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad