Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Cats - 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Ovi goal(s), Protas points, and more Beck bashes in the Redneck Riviera.

Please.

kL4aT.gif
need to

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Things can certainly change, but it appears Sammy has seized the #1 role for now.

As with Vanecek, the job is seized until they hit a rough patch, then the other guy gets a shot. Vanecek doesnt need to play again til there is a back to back.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
As with Vanecek, the job is seized until they hit a rough patch, then the other guy gets a shot. Vanecek doesnt need to play again til there is a back to back.

VV not needing to play until there is a back to back, is the definition of him being the backup and Sammy being the starter. Until recently they had been alternating starts, now for the first time it appears Sammy is winning the competition.

And of course, it can change, that was the first thing I wrote.

Reactions: Hivemind

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Until recently they had been alternating starts, now for the first time it appears Sammy is winning the competition..

Actually until recently Vanecek was starting 2 for every 1 that Samsonov was starting. This includes the weird Florida game that Vanecek started. But still 2 for every 1

43sfriends

Dec 2, 2018
Can Lavi please stay our coach forever? The last dozen or so games have been pure joy to watch. I have never seen such a depleted group work so hard for each other. For the first time in my life I really feel like I am watching a system at work. Everybody is making the smart play, D and forwards are constantly swapping, the entire ice surface is utilized to gain time and space. The 5 man weave we are consistently getting into is just magic. Ovi is superhuman but imagine where he would be stat-wise if the team has been functioning this well his whole career.

I don't want the ride to end lads

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Can Lavi please stay our coach forever? The last dozen or so games have been pure joy to watch. I have never seen such a depleted group work so hard for each other. For the first time in my life I really feel like I am watching a system at work. Everybody is making the smart play, D and forwards are constantly swapping, the entire ice surface is utilized to gain time and space. The 5 man weave we are consistently getting into is just magic. Ovi is superhuman but imagine where he would be stat-wise if the team has been functioning this well his whole career.

I don't want the ride to end lads

POTM candidate!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Its shocking what having mobile defensemen can do for a PK.

The Caps replace their 2 left side pk defensemen with inexperienced pk defensemen. The closest forwards are Hagelin and Wilson. This would indicate that Hagelin is an important cog. But thats not a popular take.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The Caps replace their 2 left side pk defensemen with inexperienced pk defensemen. The closest forwards are Hagelin and Wilson. This would indicate that Hagelin is an important cog. But thats not a popular take.

Hags has always been an important part of the PK, but he's not the reason why they've suddenly become great, he's always been there on the PK.

One could also say, adding a Kuznetsov to the PK might be helping their new results too.

Also, inexperienced doesn't mean worse. And experienced doesn't mean better.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Actually until recently Vanecek was starting 2 for every 1 that Samsonov was starting. This includes the weird Florida game that Vanecek started. But still 2 for every 1
We're 22 games into the season. The whole year is "until recently." VV has started 12 games, Samsonov has started 9, and that's counting the poop game. With the poop game swapped, it's 11 vs 10 games (as close as you can get).

Yes, "until recently" VV started more. But recently Samsonov is starting basically every game. That's precisely what @kicksavedave was saying. That Sammy currently has the #1 role.

Hard to believe you're the same poster making bold statements about Protas "jumping" McMichael after a few games with more minutes, but then refusing to admit that Samsonov has "jumped" Vanecek for the #1 job when the only game of the past 6 he hasn't started was a back-to-back.

Last edited:
Reactions: kicksavedave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad