GDT: Caps vs Blackhawks 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Randy Holt will be in the house maybe even sporting the #4. Looking for a bobblehead someone left under their seat.

Looking for goons on the hawks see that Jarred 'Tinnerkid' Tinordi was born in Maryland. I didn't know that.

Are you "most penalty minutes in a single game" Randy Holt?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Hell to the yes just like in my avatar
What? Thats awesome.

Respect and tip of the cap to you good sir. Family got season tickets around mid 80s so we just missed seeing you in action.

The memories you must have .. and you sit here and watch us keyboard people talk about hockey.

Randy f***ing Holt!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What? Thats awesome.

Respect and tip of the cap to you good sir. Family got season tickets around mid 80s so we just missed seeing you in action.

The memories you must have .. and you sit here and watch us keyboard people talk about hockey.

Randy f***ing Holt!
Um no sorry for the confusion I didnt think you were serious. I am NOT the player but I play him on message boards. He has had troubled times since retiring mostly anger issues and is not posting anywhere I know of. I have seen some of his family share some of his struggles on FB I think it was.

Interesting comments here including from family. Skip to 3:50 for "the game"

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
One of my favorite Holt stories - someone else here HAS TO remember this.

Late 1983 Vancouver at Wash I was in 101 with the duct taped boot stompers totally baked out. On an icing one of the Sundstrom twins tripped Holt on an icing and he crashed into the boards for the touch up. I still remember seeing Holt yelling at him coming back up ice towards me.

Next play was a dump in with Sundstrom right behind him again. This time Holt turned around and grabbed him before he could be tripped, spun him up against the boards and started punching proper.

Tiger Williams came up and crosschecked Holt in the back of his head and broke his stick in half. Huge melee Langway got bloodied and I have a vivid memory late in the brawl of all 3 officials on Holts back trying to contain him as he did pushups lifting the pile. All the other players watched. I used to joke that Tiger bit Langway.

Fun fact - Tiger got suspended ending his chance to surpass Holt in the coveted PIM leader board race. Holt finished 1st overall with 275, Tiger # 2.

I found the box! HOLY SHIT A 40 year anniversary. I am f***ing old.
1679584211333.png

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Holy tamole the game I recalled was exactly 40 years ago today. I had never found that box since until today.

Since I am going to the game tonight, i have to boldly predict there is a match penalty.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Honestly I’d rather he just take the time off. Give the minutes to the other guys and make sure he is 100% for next year
Its easier to tell if someone is 100% if they're playing.

If he sat out the rest of the year they'd have no idea where he is and if he'll be good to go next year.

Reactions: Neil Racki

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Tiger Williams came up and crosschecked Holt in the back of his head and broke his stick in half. Huge melee Langway got bloodied and I have a vivid memory late in the brawl of all 3 officials on Holts back trying to contain him as he did pushups lifting the pile. All the other players watched. I used to joke that Tiger bit Langway.

Fun fact - Tiger got suspended ending his chance to surpass Holt in the coveted PIM leader board race. Holt finished 1st overall with 275, Tiger # 2.
Tiger racked up some unbelievable numbers:

80-81 - 35G 27A and 343 PIM
81-82 - 10 points in 17 playoff games + 116 PIMs (projected over an 80 game season = over 500 PIMs)
86-87 - at age 33, sets his career high in PIMs w/358 and is the Kings 2nd highest scorer in the playoffs (admittedly a short 5 game elimination stint at the hands of the Oilers
And a legendary celly

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
One of my favorite Holt stories - someone else here HAS TO remember this.

Late 1983 Vancouver at Wash I was in 101 with the duct taped boot stompers totally baked out. On an icing one of the Sundstrom twins tripped Holt on an icing and he crashed into the boards for the touch up. I still remember seeing Holt yelling at him coming back up ice towards me.

Next play was a dump in with Sundstrom right behind him again. This time Holt turned around and grabbed him before he could be tripped, spun him up against the boards and started punching proper.

I found the box! HOLY SHIT A 40 year anniversary. I am f***ing old.
View attachment 674459
Great stuff, RH! Happy Anniversary!
It's amazing ... Timo Blomqvist with a fighting major? I didn't remember any, but I checked on Hockey Fights and the Finn had a bunch of 'em ... including one in a game v. the Rags against a certain G McPhee. Timo Blomqvist @ Hockey Fights

Reactions: RandyHolt

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
One of the weirdest things that’s happened to Mantha’s game - he can’t complete a pass to save his life.

He turns it over in the d-zone and NZ constantly with these weak feathered passes - like the puck is an egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad