Post-Game Talk: Caps v. Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomwilsonone

May 12, 2018
tom.jpg

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Flyers playing themselves out of a top-10 pick recently.

This could be a tough one, i wonder how desperate they are after realizing that BJ's are actually a pretty bad team right now and seeing how teams above them have a lot of head-to-head games remaining.

capsdom86

May 28, 2015
this will be a tough one to win. We don't match up particularly well against this team and they are coming in hot.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
This will be a tough one. With a win tonight Philly will only be three points back of Columbus. The Flyers are playing well too -- 7-2-1 in their L10.
Agree. I just skimmed 1 of already 7 pages on Philly's GDT.

Their recent run has them jacked about a possible playoff spot. They're mentioning Willie in many posts :DD
Philly's chances to make the playoffs are low (5% on sportsclubstats feels right). They need at least two of the teams above them to fade badly for Philly to have a realistic chance. But that won't stop them from playing hard tonight. They need as many pts as they can get.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
They are down Patrick and Voracek tonight I believe. Should make this easier.

I think we throttle a patchwork Philly team tonight.

Reactions: Silky mitts

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I'm trying to think of cool things about Filthadelphia (beyond American history) and coming up with Blutarsky's GPA.

Hmmm, my car was broken into once in the early 90's and the only thing taken was some CDs and a pack of gum. In return, the thief broke my door lock, left a screwdriver and a small .25 cal pistol on the passenger seat. Think I came out ahead on that trade.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I'm trying to think of cool things about Filthadelphia (beyond American history) and coming up with Blutarsky's GPA.

Hmmm, my car was broken into once in the early 90's and the only thing taken was some CDs and a pack of gum. In return, the thief broke my door lock, left a screwdriver and a small .25 cal pistol on the passenger seat. Think I came out ahead on that trade.
tenor.gif

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

It's actually a pretty cool city. I've been up there probably a dozen times or more and always enjoy myself. If there were more high-paying industries there I think there would be a lot more buzz around it but all-in-all it's solid.

Also, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is terrific.

tumblr_m8d2d7ixuK1r8kfm2o1_500.gif

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I can understand bumping Hagelin up to 3LW in late-game defensive situations or for protecting the lead, but Burakovsky should really be in that spot normally.

I don't know whether ultimately it's better to have Hagelin or Bura at 3LW, but I'd certainly keep Bura there while he's playing relatively well. I mean, if you decided to keep him at the deadline, then give him the opportunity to at least try to hold on to his spot... you can always plug in Hagelin at a moment's notice.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Will be interested to see the D minutes again tonight. Meanwhile, Copley gets one more game before the Caps clinch their playoff spot.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Can’t believe I had to wait until March to see the Caps come up here.

Virtually all posters seem to love broadening the league... I am not convinced.

Sure its kinda cool seeing a Vegas come to town for the first time, but at the expense of maintaining the rivalries that I think quietly drive the league. With every additional team they add, it's 2 less games against a teams existing rival.... or a team that maybe a rival was brewing.

Sep 19, 2008
I remember going to Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals and since it was still hours before puck drop We had all the beer we could drink at the Greene Turtle. We began to take our beers outside (which is technically against DC law) and drink them and nobody gave a damn. Maybe it was the big crowd. Here we was drinking these bottles of beer outside near the stage and nobody batted an eye.

I remember very little of what happened from the actual game and only snippets of people approaching me in the bathroom of the Greene Turtle.

It may not have been the best place to eat, there's better. But damn it, that place was pretty good if you weren't freaking picky about what you wanted to eat. It was packed EVERY game prior to puck drop. If you went down to the bathroom, and peeked through a window to your left, you could even see the Wizards practice court underneath the stadium.

So this one goes out to the Greene Turtle who again wasn't the BEST place to have a meal but it was pretty passable for what it was. Decent food, decent beer, always packed mainstream hub. Gonna be awfully weird going to Caps games without seeing the Greene Turtle anymore after 2019.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad