Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
First pro season, first season playing against men, he's doing fine.

A point per game is the pace to lead the AHL in scoring. His 8 goals balanced for games played in top 20 in the league. He is 3rd on the team in points, only 1pt off 2nd. I think some context is valuable here. He was supposed to be in junior hockey this season, was he not? His team does not score a lot but he is already a leader and go to guy on his team.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
A point per game is the pace to lead the AHL in scoring. His 8 goals balanced for games played in top 20 in the league. He is 3rd on the team in points, only 1pt off 2nd. I think some context is valuable here. He was supposed to be in junior hockey this season, was he not? His team does not score a lot but he is already a leader and go to guy on his team.
Some center goes down, CMM goes up in playoffs and scores that cup winning goal with his wrister. Clear as day.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Picked up (digitally) Hockey News' Future Watch issue.

Haven't read it in ages, so have no idea how reliable/good their rankings are.

They have the Caps ranked 23rd overall.

Top 10 Prospects (rank in top 100 overall):
McMichael (14)
LaPierre (47)
Alexeyev (99)
Fehervary
Protas
Johansen (yes really)
Leason
Clark
Malenstyn
Pilon

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Owen Power the unanimous No. 1 in TSN’s mid-season draft rankings - TSN.ca

McKenzie's mid-term rankings. Othmann, Olausson, Robertsson and Svechkov are not bad as far as late first rounders go, albeit none all that tall. No regrets making that deal either way. Johnston, Korczak, Schmidt, Hreschuk, Duke, Poltapov, Kirsanov, Grushnikov, Dach or Helenius with the second rounder could be solid value. Not an overly remarkable draft class overall but perhaps serviceable depth with some mid-to-late gems overlooked.

Last edited:

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia

it sucks that we traded our first since we'd maybe be able to get raty depending on playoff performance, hopefully soon we stop trading picks

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Still pretty doubtful he'd last until their pick barring a tumbling standings finish and even if he did he may only be an Eller type at best. Outside of the top 15 or so there's really no one from that next immediate grouping that I'd pine for, which suggests some depth issues IMO thereafter. Chibrikov on down would be fine for their general range but are very likely middle six adds. You take the first-liner over two middle sixers any day.

Two goalies in his top 14 is interesting. Add in another four in the third round range and I wonder if the Arizona pick may be spent on one. It's probably time again to invest in one they like. (It'd also be funny to take Doan with Arizona's pick.) BPA all day of course but have to figure that size, skating and IQ (oh, just the total package) will be preferred. I really like Kirsanov in the second round if he lasts. He could be another Orlov.

Reactions: Rayquaza64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille