Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Sugar Canes 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Caps are in their worst tailspin of the season
They've lost TWO games in a row in regulation
Game over man

Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple songs, why don't we try that?

• 5-5 in the last 10 games
  • Still first in our division, first in our conference, first in the league
  • all 5 losses coming to second round or better playoff teams last season
  • in that 10 games Caps had injuries/illness/scratches to Wilson, Kempny, Gudas, (played but probably not 100%), Dowd. Those are the guys we know about, clear a few guys are either suffering from the same illness or nursing personal injuries
  • Holtby has let in 1,056 goals during that 10 game stretch

There are the wheels falling off and a team nose diving, and then there are parts of the season where the grind of the season catches up to you, this is in so many ways the latter.

I wouldn't worry about this in the least, but I know this board so I'll start...

What do you think we can get in picks if we package Holtby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Kuz? Maybe a first?

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
The sooner we get rid of our top 6, the better.

That said, I hope the Caps win this for Sammy.
sammy-davis-jr-e1559749529834.jpg

Reactions: Ginger Papa

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
One thing I do hope they change is the PP. The personnel is fine. And the strengths are the strengths. But maybe switch the look more often just to keep the opposing PK guessing. They had some different looks this season, but it was only on a handful of opportunities. And they need Backstrom and maybe Kuznetsov to start being a lot more aggressive themselves.

At least we can enter the zone somewhat better than last year on the PP. Last year we couldn't even do that.

Reactions: searle

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
One thing I do hope they change is the PP. The personnel is fine. And the strengths are the strengths. But maybe switch the look more often just to keep the opposing PK guessing. They had some different looks this season, but it was only on a handful of opportunities. And they need Backstrom and maybe Kuznetsov to start being a lot more aggressive themselves.

At least we can enter the zone somewhat better than last year on the PP. Last year we couldn't even do that.
The PP will be better when both Backstrom/Kuzy start shooting the puck a lot more instead of looking to pass the puck every time.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Feels like they're in a lull. Maybe Sammy can steal this one for them. They look like they already need the AS break, or maybe it's just because they've been sick and injured most of the past few weeks.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I've actually been relatively encouraged by the Capitals skaters recently. They're outshooting and outchancing teams for the most part but they just can't get a save. I'd love to see Sammy put a solid effort together tonight because that has been what is missing.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
guess I gotta work on my sarcasm, thought it was fairly obvious equating 2 losses in a row with a tailspin ;)

Caps are in their worst tailspin of the season
They've lost TWO games in a row in regulation
Game over man

• 5-5 in the last 10 games
  • Still first in our division, first in our conference, first in the league
  • all 5 losses coming to second round or better playoff teams last season
  • in that 10 games Caps had injuries/illness/scratches to Wilson, Kempny, Gudas, (played but probably not 100%), Dowd. Those are the guys we know about, clear a few guys are either suffering from the same illness or nursing personal injuries
  • Holtby has let in 1,056 goals during that 10 game stretch
There are the wheels falling off and a team nose diving, and then there are parts of the season where the grind of the season catches up to you, this is in so many ways the latter.

I wouldn't worry about this in the least, but I know this board so I'll start...

What do you think we can get in picks if we package Holtby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Kuz? Maybe a first?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
If we don’t get at least an OT loss here it should be grounds for serious concern. Lack of motivation and flukiness goes out the window as explanations when you are 0-3 against Carolina and 1-2 against Columbus (with 2 spankings among the losses and an OT win).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad