Post-Game Talk: caps sabres 5:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
This Connolly guy could stay some more I guess. Glad he's scoring some goals at least. We could use a cheap bottom-6 winger next year for sure.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I like BC. He hits, and shows decent enough offensive awareness to present to BMac the coveted Great Dumpster Dive Award.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
What a feeling that must have been for Grubby to play so well in his first NHL game his parents could attend and to hear the arena doing the "Gruuuu" must have been really cool for his Mom and Dad. Congratulations to them!

Also good on Trotz for giving hi the start, total class act.

Thought we played pretty well, lots of chipping the puck back and forth for long stretches in the game but a good team win. Thought each line had a few really good shifts. Nice to see some gritty goals go in, that always gets Alan May excited!

Go Caps!

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
A sign that neither are going to be scratched to give Chorney a game now and then

Trotz has been using 74/44 with 2/27 in the last couple of minutes of games holding a lead
much of the season. its not new.

Orpik has quietly had a great start to the season. He looks to be in great shape, his skating looks better, I am just very impressed with him this season so far.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I like BC. He hits, and shows decent enough offensive awareness to present to BMac the coveted Great Dumpster Dive Award.

As a fourth liner he's great - I think Winnik is a good 4th liner too. Winnik-Beagle-Connolly would be a great permanent fourth line, in terms of contributing some offense while being defensively solid. Sanford is playing with more confidence too - gutted for him he was blanked on that shot.

That said, our third line is still very underwhelming. Connolly, Winnik, Wilson and Sanford are all fine on the fourth line, but none of them have yet consistently stepped up to greater third line offensive duties.

Eller is playing a relatively strong defensive game, but he was meant to carry that third line offensively. He really hasn't/didn't. And he's way too expensive for fourth line duties. He has three points in 19 games, has averaged 26 points in his last three seasons, and doesn't appear to ever have played a full season. And has become our new Tom Wilson in penalty taking. What do we do with him?

Also, Orpik's been great. I wonder if Orpik's nagging injuries (and then throwing him back in the deep end) contributed to his declined performance last season and during the playoffs... hopefully reduced minutes and slightly easier assignments will help keep him healthy apart from anything. We also know that Schmidt can play top-4 minutes when needed to, so hopefully if Carlson were to go down at some point they'd keep the Orpik-Schmidt pairing together and pair Orlov with Chorney (a pair that played well last year, and which avoids the possibility of the Orpik-Orlov pairing...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad