Post-Game Talk: Caps/Rangers, 8pm EST, Phone Booth, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
If u want to win the cup u have to win 4 rounds, hence the path to the cup...lol

We're arguing semantics honestly...:laugh:

but NYR would still hypothetically have to beat WSH/PIT/CBJ to win the Cup in addition to MTL. That's two superior teams whereas we'd have to beat one equal team.

Any way, one team will have to bust their ass to win it and I pray to all deities, it's the Caps lol

mdurbin1234

Nov 6, 2012
Hate to be that guy....but...can it be determined yet when our first P/O game is?

I know based on Verizon Center schedule that it'll either be Tuesday or Friday likely, but just not sure when playoffs officially start. Or if that is even determined yet?

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Hate to be that guy....but...can it be determined yet when our first P/O game is?

I know based on Verizon Center schedule that it'll either be Tuesday or Friday likely, but just not sure when playoffs officially start. Or if that is even determined yet?

Games start next weds, don't know anything other than that

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
And with that the Rangers have the easiest path out of the Metro.

Nope they might have to face us to make the final. Which gets me to thinking ... what would happen if we played ourselves in the ECF?

My guess is there would be a collective bargaining meltdown in the middle of Game 7 overtime and the season would be canceled rendering the outcome moot.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I thought it was redirected by the Lundqvist's pad.
Now, Williams owe Ovi several goals lol.

Congrats on the Metro clinch :clap:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What was his complaint?

nothing special. just typical. Jones said, "The Capitals have no holes." Then Milbury said, "But you are still picking the Penguins." Jones said, "Yes"

Milbury said that the Capitals shouldn't be afraid of anyone that they might play in the playoffs. They are that good. Jones then said, "How about themselves. Do you think they should be afraid of themselves?"

He was just playing the Caps are the Caps card with a stubborn look on his face.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Poor Ovi - lost a goal. He has only 1 ES goal in 20 games. Yikes. He does seem to be coming to life at least. Raining on our parade.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
We're chokers until we're not. Sad truth in the eyes of the rest of the world.

On the playoff seeding and who gets an easier path.....I don't care. We can beat anyone. I'm Not going to start building up excuses before things even start. Bad system, but Champions overcome adversity. WIN.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
yes. chokers til they are not. they have not won the cup til bettman hands it to Ov. that said, I like what I am seeing. Workman like dismantling of one team after another.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We're chokers until we're not. Sad truth in the eyes of the rest of the world.

On the playoff seeding and who gets an easier path.....I don't care. We can beat anyone. I'm Not going to start building up excuses before things even start. Bad system, but Champions overcome adversity. WIN.

All of this.

Come on, Boys!! :yo:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The teams that should be *****ing about the seedings are Pitts and C-Bus. They beat the Rags to a better finish, and their reward is each other.

Pitts and CBus should be playing Ott/Tor/Bos top 2. Not each other.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The lame duck seedings also do nothing to promote rivalries for future years, as it is pure luck to see the same team the next year. The divisions should battle it out. Old school.

The Rangers have invaded the lame duck East and thus predict it will be easy for them to make it to the conference finals.

Could they screw up something as simple as playoff seedings more than they already do? Why even have divisions, when the root of all good rivalries is based on playoff history, and geographics.

Remember that one year we faced Ottawa in the first round? No.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
nothing special. just typical. Jones said, "The Capitals have no holes." Then Milbury said, "But you are still picking the Penguins." Jones said, "Yes"

Milbury said that the Capitals shouldn't be afraid of anyone that they might play in the playoffs. They are that good. Jones then said, "How about themselves. Do you think they should be afraid of themselves?"

He was just playing the Caps are the Caps card with a stubborn look on his face.

Hell I was taking the Pens before the Letang injury.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

That was nasty for nastiness' sake. But I liked Milbury's answer (which is not a thing I say often). He said that yeah, if they stumble at all there's a risk they panic based on past experiences and that would get them into trouble, but "they are the team to beat" and so they need to take that attitude, stick to it, and play their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad