Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Kings - 10 f'n 30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think that chart guy is adjusting way too much for zone starts! They don't matter that much!

Edit: I didn't see it was the last 10 games! Carry on!

Last edited:

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
This chart somehow shows that Sprong is good, but 8-92-43 are bad? OK. What else one needs to know.

I believe the chart shows the last 10 games. The top line hasn’t tilted the ice in their favor recently vs other top lines.

Reactions: Hivemind

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Eh, close. TOI/GP they're 3rd and 4th behind Drai and McJesus, at about 21 and a half minutes per game.

Wilson is the next Cap down the list at 31 and as one of their linemates you'd expect that. But that also means almost dozens of other skaters are getting similar chunks of PT.

A lot of it is PP time, too. EV TOI/GP is more sensible for guys like AJF and CMM. Not much difference in minutes in the middle of that pack.

View attachment 481409
Also, injuries. Those three are the only three top 6 forwards not hurt. They have to play a lot until others start coming back.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The number os stupid penalties is down because we own the puck so much more this year than last. Its been known since bantams, if you move your feet you draw more penalties. Caps are not reaching, grabbing, slashing at guys whistling around them like turnstyles this year because we're too busy doing that to the opponent. Its a wonderful thing to see.

I think the offside issue is just a byproduct of constant line shuffling and so many kids who haven't played with the regulars for long. Its just obvious when Hathway is 3 feet over the line because the puck carrier (CMM or someone) dekes sideways to try to carry in instead of dumping it, like Hath expects. This will resolve with time, I think/hope.

Very good point KSD. One thing to remember is someone like me had to learn this from observation and research since bantam or hockey wasn't available to someone like me growing up. One regret I have in life is not being able to play the game as a youth or teenager. It just simply wasn't available in my area. I remember being young and checking out books by Bobby Orr and Rod Gilbert on hockey fundamentals from the local library and subscribing to The Hockey News and Hockey Digest with my allowance money. Additionally, I had to coordinate to use the old school television just to view any NHL or collegiate games. I think of how much the NHL has transitioned in the last 40 years and glad to see more get the opportunity to play. I didn't get to play my first hockey game until mid 20s and thought I was king of the world, lol. I never played goalie, so I can't imagine all that. I do remember Kelly Hrudey story that he learned goalie from reading a book at age 12 and started playing. I always found that pretty inspiring. I can't imagine the impact Ovy is having on all these young players.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Very good point KSD. One thing to remember is someone like me had to learn this from observation and research since bantam or hockey wasn't available to someone like me growing up. One regret I have in life is not being able to play the game as a youth or teenager. It just simply wasn't available in my area. I remember being young and checking out books by Bobby Orr and Rod Gilbert on hockey fundamentals from the local library and subscribing to The Hockey News and Hockey Digest with my allowance money. Additionally, I had to coordinate to use the old school television just to view any NHL or collegiate games. I think of how much the NHL has transitioned in the last 40 years and glad to see more get the opportunity to play. I didn't get to play my first hockey game until mid 20s and thought I was king of the world, lol. I never played goalie, so I can't imagine all that. I do remember Kelly Hrudey story that he learned goalie from reading a book at age 12 and started playing. I always found that pretty inspiring. I can't imagine the impact Ovy is having on all these young players.

Your story is the same as mine, no viable ice hockey around when I was a kid, only one team in the whole county for most of the time, so only 20 kids got to play from all over. First book I ever read cover to cover: Dynamite on Ice, the Bobby Orr Story. Next was Space Cat Visits Venus, LOL, 3rd grade. My first ice hockey game that wasn't on a pond was in my late 20s. At least one thing about growing up back then in MD, the ponds all still froze for 3 months out of the year.

Now it seems like 5 year olds have ice hockey practice at 6/7 PM and my beer league has 11:45 starts because of it and every high school in the county has a JV and varsity ice hockey team, here in San Diego. Pretty good growth for the sport.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Not even sure i want Backs, Oshie and Mantha back. This team is fun as hell, and the energy and drive gained from adding the kids is very helpful to this geriatric team. Even Ovi seems younger. Might need them for the powerplay though. There should be very short term IR available on a shift to shift basis

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Not even sure i want Backs, Oshie and Mantha back. This team is fun as hell, and the energy and drive gained from adding the kids is very helpful to this geriatric team. Even Ovi seems younger. Might need them for the powerplay though. There should be very short term IR available on a shift to shift basis
You don’t want 19/77 back? I can *maybe* see the Mantha feelings. But 19/77?

wrong

Reactions: Corby78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad