Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Flyers 8pm Rivalry Nightâ„¢

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I'm going to pretend that it's good that our big guys aren't firing on all cylinders because they're saving getting hot for the spring.... yeah, I'll do that.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
you can dream

I don't see why not. Knowing that they were going to be in a 4 on 4 situation for a period of time, it would be one of the safest opportunities they'd have to give him some open ice to play with, and all night he was one of the Caps' best forwards at finding unconventional lanes and hitting them with speed.

Put him out there with Johansson, fast and responsible enough to cover any defensive miscues, while being deft enough to pass with him in the offensive zone. Or Eller, who is already growing chemistry with him.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
This team cannot pass and it turns the puck over way too much. Man that is a recipe for another playoff disaster.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
I'd rather the Caps catch fire after the all star like the Pens did. Let Columbus and the Rags have their fun right now

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
14 was a weird choice in SO. Would've preferred bura, vrana, eller or even ovie.

Anyway, as disappointing as ending was, that was a quality point to earn on the road. Flyers are white hot right now

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
So the two best teams we've played in the past 8 games we've lost both. Yes, the 6 game winning streak was nice - but it seems like we are really just right there w/ everyone else in that second tier level.

GMBM needs to do more than Gleason, Weber, etc moves this season. If you don't perform - you need to go. This means Wilson, Schmidt, etc. If you can't perform and don't contribute - you just don't belong on the team. Flip them for someone who can contribute to a team looking to go deep in the playoffs NOW.

Also, sicne the All Star break last year Trotz hasn't been the same guy. Teams have figured something out about us. When we scored first early last year - it was game over. This year we blow leads and when we get leads teams tie it right after. That means a team isn't scared - they know something and stick to the gas. Trotz or his assistants need to start doing better. Blowing a first goal lead and then a 2-1 lead on a national televised game that's a big division game is VERY concerning.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
OV has been pretty bad TBH. Looks slow, tired, unfocused.

I liked Bura and Vrana's play. I worry about Vrana worsening the more time he spends being coached by Trotz.

Niskanen made his chance a lot harder than it needed to be, all he needed to do was lift the puck.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This team cannot pass and it turns the puck over way too much. Man that is a recipe for another playoff disaster.

No, we can pass, that's what we do 95% of the time. The problem is that we overpass, hence the turnovers.

Right now they look like the team that will miss the playoffs by 1 point.

We're going to make the playoffs for sure, the Atlantic division isn't good at all. The playoff picture is almost set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad