Post-Game Talk: Caps @ ducks 930

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
^^^ If Carlson wants his spot back on the PP he needs to ****ing play better on it! Last game was a step in the right direction. I almost choked on some potato chips when I saw him actually hit the net! :amazed:

I feel like the players are just waaaaay too comfortable. Ironman? If he gets walked again make him Sittinginthepressboxman. Shatt being on the team all of a sudden unexpectedly should make others play better not worse.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Elliotte Friedman musing on whether Shattenkirk trade "upset the apple cart" a bit. Hope not - gotta be pros here. https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-pittsburgh-always-finds-extra-gear-washington/

Friedman sounds like a closet Pens fan in this one. He wants to believe that the Shattenkirk trade disrupted the balance in the locker room. They're playing at the most competitive level professional hockey has to offer. Dropping in the depth chart because of trade deadline acquisitions happens all the time.

I really doubt Shatty disrupts the team at all, the veteran leadership of this team (Ovechkin, Oshie, Orpik) was largely in favour of bringing him. If they can't accept the fact that we brought in a top 4 D who is now the top PPQB, then it's on them to act like pros. Accept to be on the bench or in the press box if it means winning the big prize.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
Ironman? If he gets walked again make him Sittinginthepressboxman.

It's stuff like this that'll keep them from their goals.. Last year it was Holtby's wins total, this year it's a ironman streak.. Why don't they rest guys (this time of year) who are showing fatigue or even nursing injury? It's baffling.. All the while Schmidt and Chorney just sit there acquiring rust.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Tanking will work if they can avoid Pens in 1st 2 rounds. Wouldn't mind if they lose 9 of 10 as long as they
1. Make the Playoffs
2. Avoid Pens for 1st 2 rounds

Valhuen

Secretary of Defense
Apr 10, 2011
Tucson via Spokane
Tanking will work if they can avoid Pens in 1st 2 rounds. Wouldn't mind if they lose 9 of 10 as long as they
1. Make the Playoffs
2. Avoid Pens for 1st 2 rounds

Can't see that happening. Doubt we'll drop far enough behind the Rags even if we tried. With Lundqvist out for 2-3 weeks don't see the Rangers putting together a huge streak (not even sure they would want to, sitting pretty right now in WC1).

The absolute worst scenario for us (and most likely if we don't pick up the play soon), is ending up in 3rd place, playing the Jackets or Pens in round 1 on the road, then if we survive, playing the Jackets or Pens in round 2 on the road.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Meh - there's part of me that feels like there's less pressure on them opening a series on the road. I mean other than the Rangers 7-game series in 2009 and the Isles series in 2015, when has home ice advantage really helped them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad