Post-Game Talk: Caps def. Canucks - 2-1 (Boeser) | Sad Trombone Sound

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Brah it's the first day of spring break and it's Saturday so it isn't a school night regardless. Also if they are little they are likely in bed most the game brah.

If you aren’t in Mexico or Hawaii for SB, wtf are you doing? Private school break also started a week ago.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Holy christ, I have now read this entire thread and I'm somehow still shocked even after all these years at how emotionally immature a lot of posters on these boards are. I don't know what else to call it.

So we have a 25 year old center who is on pace for his 2nd 95+ point season in a row as a player who will likely win Selkes in his career, but now we wish we dealt him for some mediocre magic beans?

Do people not understand how volatile the game of hockey is? Especially over a span of 82 games. Sometimes the puck finds you, other times it doesn't.
Then you start over thinking and go into a slump.

Then you find your way out of the slump and things go well for you. Neither of these statuses is 'who you really are'.

"Imagine if Petey played his best for the entire year". And what, scored 180 points a season? There have been like 10 players in NHL history who exceed the expectations some people set for Petey.

But we have seen this with Hughes, Boeser, Miller, Demko, etc.

Every time one of them struggles, there's like 9 chicken littles who want to deal them and lament that we didn't get a 2nd round pick and a shitty 2nd liner for them.

I'm curious, do you break up with your partner and move out of the house every time you have a disagreement? Or do you ever think that maybe, just maybe, there's some volatility to life and some mitigating circumstances that render it beneficial to be a little bit more thoughtful from time to time?

Hfboards has this elitist perspective that looks down on reddit and other comment boards, and I want so badly for it to live up to that smugness. And sometimes it does. But stuff like this belongs on facebook comments, not a messageboard dedicated to the sport.
Holy shit we have the softest fanbase. The gaslighting towards people justifiably critical of Pettersson's game right now is wild. People know what they're seeing and know what they're talking about. Just because it hurts your feely feels, doesn't mean it's not legitimate commentary (referring to the criticisms, not necessarily any posts - of which there are basically none - about trading him or whatever).

Like it's not just about "the puck not going in" for Pettersson. Nobody is complaining that he's on pace for 95 points and not 120. It's about his actual play from shift to shift lately.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Lines for next game;

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm
Podkolzin - Blueger - Garland
PDG - Suter - Lafferty

And just leave it. Joshua in for Podkolzin when he’s back.

Lindholm back to PP1, bumper spot - need to try getting him going

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
The thing I'll definitely grant about Pettersson is the linemate issue. It's ridiculous. But he's also in that pay grade now where he has to make things happen on his own. Maybe he doesn't effortlessly collect points in their scenario - I'm fine with that - but the eye test has to show that he's doing his part.

And yeah, when you're making 11.6 this is the kind of scrutiny that's going to come with it - that's reality. I don't feel bad.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I think Joshua Blueger Garland line back together is a lock when healthy.

We basically have 14 games to figure out how to get the best out of Petey and Lindholm.

I guess a lot of it depends on if you think Petey Hog Lindholm line can work. If not you pretty much have to reunite the lotto line and designate Lindholm as a shutdown line with Mikheyev and another winger.
Podkolzin, mainly due to the chemistry with Lindholm. That pushes Hoglander back down to the 4th line, which was how it was when the team was at their best earlier in the season because he and Lafferty have good chemistry. This way there's known chemistry all throughout the lineup:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser
Podkolzin - Lindholm - Mikheyev
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Podkolzin, mainly due to the chemistry with Lindholm. That pushes Hoglander back down to the 4th line, which was how it was when the team was at their best earlier in the season because he and Lafferty have good chemistry. This way there's known chemistry all throughout the lineup:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser
Podkolzin - Lindholm - Mikheyev
Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty

that second line is awful

if you don't put lindholm with either pettersson or miller you're never gonna get much out of him. the top six should be pettersson, miller, boeser, lindholm, hoglander and suter/pdg in some combination (suter/pdg is still gross in the top six, but unless you want to break up joshua/blueger/garland what other option is there?)

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
that second line is awful

if you don't put lindholm with either pettersson or miller you're never gonna get much out of him. the top six should be pettersson, miller, boeser, lindholm, hoglander and suter/pdg in some combination (suter/pdg is still gross in the top six, but unless you want to break up joshua/blueger/garland what other option is there?)
Yeah it's not ideal of course, but I was saying that's the lineup I'd put together if they were going the lotto line route. Also put Hoglander down the lineup simply to give the 4th line a major boost. Otherwise yeah, Hoglander in the top 6 is a lock and Lindholm wouldn't be anchoring his own line. Maybe something like:

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser
Podkolzin - Pettersson - Lindholm
Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
This teams success has been like 80% of my self esteem over the last few months. This isn't going to end well, is it...?

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'm 36 and have never been to either :(.

I'm too broke ass for private school for my kids.

Turning 31, last year was the first time I’ve been east of the Rockies. And Oct 2022 was the first time I left the province since Mar 2011.

I had a great childhood. It’s a shame I’ll never be able to share that experience with my own kids, provided I have any.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad