GDT: Caps @ Copley's Kings - 8:30pm MTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotty83

Jan 20, 2022
Extra man and we cant even get possession

LAK have been damn good tho. Haven't given the Caps much space. They're a better team than I thought.

We do suck tho. For sure.

Pathetic effort from Ovi on some of those loose pucks. He should be f***ing embarrassed.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Extra man and we cant even get possession

That's because we're trotting out backstrom, oshie and ov and expecting to gain zone entry rofl. You can't have that many slow players on a single team and expect to win anything. The fact that oshie and backstrom still get sweaters every night tells me this team doesn't care about winning. Nothing they do to re-tool is going to change that unless that re-tooling means somehow getting rid of those two.

lotty83

Jan 20, 2022
That's because we're trotting out backstrom, oshie and ov and expecting to gain zone entry rofl. You can't have that many slow players on a single team and expect to win anything. The fact that oshie and backstrom still get sweaters every night tells me this team doesn't care about winning. Nothing they do to re-tool is going to change that unless that re-tooling means somehow getting rid of those two.

We're pretty poorly coached in my opinion. There's no way Lavi is re-signed in the off-season. Not a chance.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1677982600802-gif.663433

My game puck tonight goes to Rasmus Sandin for a blistering goal and a sweet dish to Ovechkin on the PP.

Honorable mention to “Marcy” Darcy Kuemper for keeping them in the game.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Oh lighten up moderators! I was just joking about everyone cheering on a dude’s brain getting scarred!

Random thought: if Washington acquires Schmaltz in the offseason they will have 5 different Nicks on the roster:

Nicklas Backstrom
Nick Jensen
Nic Dowd
Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Nick Schmaltz

The Washington Knicks?

Reactions: twabby

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Not enough battle in this group. Roster
needs more than a retool.

Mantha, Kuz, Backstrom constitute a massive, salary-sucking black hole in the center of our lineup

Reactions: Langway

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I blame Lavy for putting Backstrom out there.

Ovechkin and Oshie are our two best goal scorers.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
I blame Lavy for putting Backstrom out there.

Ovechkin and Oshie are our two best goal scorers.
Wilson is right up there with Oshie, though. 7 goals in 15 games. Tied for 2nd on the team last year.

Reactions: um

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Ovi immobile and watching loose pucks trickle away from him, but scores one from the office, and stellar goalie performance masks how Caps are badly outplayed by a mediocre team. Welcome to Caps hockey for the next 3 years.

Good to see Sandin and Alexeyev play well. Too bad the organization since 2019 has largely disregarded the fact that not only does today’s NHL require continuously integrating younger players with high motor rates into the lineup, it’s also interesting and entertaining to watch. But Ted doesn’t think he can sell that

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Kudos to anyone in the Eastern Time Zone who stayed up for that. Nice to see that Ovie potted one, maybe he'll reach 40 after all.

Capitals currently 11th worst team, so they have the proverbial "puncher's chance" at winning the lottery. The Wings are 10th worst, 3 pts. behind the Caps but with 2 games in hand. Their next 3 are vs. the Hawks then a home-and-home v. the Broons, so it's unlikely they'll vault over the Caps before the week's out.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
1677982600802-gif.663433

My game puck tonight goes to Rasmus Sandin for a blistering goal and a sweet dish to Ovechkin on the PP.

Honorable mention to “Marcy” Darcy Kuemper for keeping them in the game.

:laugh:

You had me at blistering

I'm on board for Sandin running the point on PP1 next season. Let Carslon work the stationary bike to trim some weight. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: kicksavedave

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Ovi immobile and watching loose pucks trickle away from him, but scores one from the office, and stellar goalie performance masks how Caps are badly outplayed by a mediocre team. Welcome to Caps hockey for the next 3 years.

Good to see Sandin and Alexeyev play well. Too bad the organization since 2019 has largely disregarded the fact that not only does today’s NHL require continuously integrating younger players with high motor rates into the lineup, it’s also interesting and entertaining to watch. But Ted doesn’t think he can sell that

I was going to chime in on this during the game but my blood ABV was quite high. Watching Ovi just stand around waiting for someone to pass the puck to him is annoying. A result of Blaine's overly predictable PP system that refuses to change.

In summary, we got out-hustled last night...again. It was like watching the Caps play the West coast Canes. Lot's of Caps vets gliding around, while almost every King was beating them to the puck and winning board battles.

Also, anyone else wish that after the Cup win, Kuzy would have gone home to Russia? He's turned into Semin 2.0 #hindsight2020

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
FAT CAT DISEASE is rampant in the NHL and its the fat ass elephant in the room.

Old timers remember games 30+ years ago when we would see losing teams frantically pressing to score in the 3rd period. Now if we score a goal? Oh good we can let the foot off the gas. Sure its a marathon not a sprint but it didn't use to be this bad. Youth movements or max 1 year contracts would help. BMac f***ed up not developing kids to do the dirty work and retreive pucks for Ovi to 1 time.

Coaches have to get rich people to sweat and their failure is evident. Nick's hip is fine he is playing as slow as before the injury. Can't wait for Carlson to get back and exacerbate our problems.

I hope TXPD saw that a LH shot at right point can indeed complete a 40 foot pass to Ovi's office. That should have been Orlov.

Last edited:
Reactions: StrikingDistance

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Oh lighten up moderators! I was just joking about everyone cheering on a dude’s brain getting scarred!

Random thought: if Washington acquires Schmaltz in the offseason they will have 5 different Nicks on the roster:

Nicklas Backstrom
Nick Jensen
Nic Dowd
Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Nick Schmaltz
Nick Kershaw: " Wouldn't it be good ":laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad