GDT: Caps @ Cbus 7pm (not televised but internetz stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I’m not as optimistic as the rest about the young forward group. I think we have some good third/fourth liners and maybe an impactful second liner but no top end talent. It’s hard to win in this league without it and I’m less confident that OV can carry this team the way he would need to.
I'm optimistic that our new guys and young guys can contribute this year but I don't expect them to carry the team. I put that on Backstrom and Kuznetsov having bounce back seasons, otherwise we're screwed.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Is it just me or was that virtually identical to the other goal? McMichael through the legs and then Sutter pots one?

at this point I'm assuming I saw a weird replay decision instead of a second goal because that was... the same play...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ridley Simon

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
gotta say, Aktel has won the 6D spot. Much better than Alexyev. He may be 7 or could get sent down.

There will be cap issues with Aktel who makes $870k at NHL level. Alexyev makes$825k. Johansen makes 765.5k. If Aktel we either have to LTIR Edmundson or take 22 instead of 23.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm actually wondering if HHA doesn't compete to take Fehervary's spot in the top 4. A long way to go but this has been a mighty impressive preseason. @Ridley Simon gets some huge props for the HHA vote of confidence
I would have no problem with that….he‘s got skill and dreamy size…

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
In time I could see it. He's going to need a first pass through the league's best to really adjust positionally/mentally. The tools are there to be top 4. He may need a bit more quick twitch in some circumstances defending against world class pace but he's not exactly lumbering. It's more mental adjustments, also in part simply about defending angles in the smaller rink.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'm actually wondering if HHA doesn't compete to take Fehervary's spot in the top 4. A long way to go but this has been a mighty impressive preseason. @Ridley Simon gets some huge props for the HHA vote of confidence
I for sure him see him on the NHL squad at this point. Still some indecision when the play gets helter skelter in the middle of the ice. I can see him and AA platooning at 6/7 initially.

Reactions: Hivemind

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
It looks like Lindgren has won the backup tender spot. Fine with that but he is $325k more expensive than Hunter. Aktel is more expensive than both Alexyev and Johansen. So that means either putting Edmundson on LTIR or only carrying 22.

I would make Aktel 3LD. Alexyev as 7 and send Johansen down and LTIR Edmundson for 10 games. This gives Aktel 10 NHL games and then when Edmundson back you send Aktel to Hershey so he can play versus be 7th dee. Looks like Alexyev messed up his chance in WSH.

• Wow
Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I for sure him see him on the NHL squad at this point. Still some indecision when the play gets helter skelter in the middle of the ice. I can see him and AA platooning at 6/7 initially.
This is my read as well. I prefer HHA to Alexeyev, but HHA still has some work to do before I trust him against top six forwards on a regular basis. He does a lot of things I really like, but he also sometimes hesitates or looks a little lost against speedier attacks.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Seems like you guys have caught up to the phenom that is Hardy Häman Aktell. It's the weirdest name i've ever heard for a 25 year old swede but i'll take it. I gave him the name after all.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad