Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Canes | 11/28/21 | 1:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Then look and Lavi. Just a professional in how he handles himself.
When Lavi won the Cup coaching the Canes in 2006, he was a hothead just like RB and that continued through coaching the Flyers and Preds. He is quite a different coach in that regard from his past. Maybe his time off after being fired by the Preds allowed him to reflect and the fact he's coaching a more elite team than the other ones he coached.

Reactions: DWGie26

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
For so many years I've watched other teams call up a host of kids who score and win games for them, and holy crap is it fun for it to happen to us.

We all know it wouldn't have happened without injuries - I wonder how many other years we could have had prospects make the next step if they were given a proper chance?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Looking at what RB has done with that team since he has got there and how they play, I would say he is doing something right in regards to motivation. Not saying its always right or the perfect way, but I'd take his style over a lot of coaches.

I would say that we are talking about two different things. A great motivater makes mistakes like anyone else. Losing control isnt the right way to go. Of course on the daily he doesnt motivate that way. They didnt win today. His motivation failed.

Reactions: Corby78

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Lavi literally turns into a tomato sometimes

When was the last time that has happened. Ive seen it in the past but as a Cap coach. IIRC we used to go off on Bruce for losing his mind on the bench. It appears however that I am on the wrong side of this issue. Either I am wrong or not getting my point across well or....I am going to back away from this.

Edit: there also seems to be this take of my comments that I am saying he is a bad coach. Never said that and dont believe that. This behavior today is not typical of him. At the same time he does lose control and when he does, I dont its his best work.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Brind'amour is a good coach and his team responds to that. Definitely a guy that you would love to play for but grinds your gears as a part of the opposing team. It's a long season and Carolina will be there all year.
Thankfully we don't see them again until March. Hopefully he has calmed down a bit by then

Reactions: tenken00

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
We were definitely trying to hold the lead. After the Canes tied it up, we started pressing again as evidenced by Jensen pushing hard for that breakaway and subsequent penalty draw.

That was a penalty because of the fact that we were pushing.
I know we pushed back after the game was tied. But we didn't do a good job protecting the lead. We needed better puck management and defensive support from all 5 guys on the ice.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I know we pushed back after the game was tied. But we didn't do a good job protecting the lead. We needed better puck management and defensive support from all 5 guys on the ice.
We just beat the supposed best team in the NHL and manhandled them during portions of the game. You've got to expect a team that good is going to have pushes back just like we had pushes back against them throughout. Well played game on both sides, no NHL game is mistake free. Had a mild playoff feel to it where goals were only created off mistakes and lucky bounces.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I was a Whalers fan back in the day. They were my second favorite team. Mostly because of Ron Francis. I also liked Mike Liut. I also liked their jersey and logo.
Never followed them after they moved to Carolina.
My family had season tickets when I lived there. I skated at the Civic Center in youth hockey. Lots of good memories but thanks to Karmanos I’ll always root against the Hurricanes. And they should never be allowed to wear Whalers gear.

Last edited:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Really good effort today. Relaxed a little bit when up 2-0 but still a great overall effort. Their best players were their best players.

Reactions: troyerlaw

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Agreed. This is why I’m happy that Sammy won us a game we probably should have lost. Got dominated in the first period. got dominated in the third. Sammy kept us in it. That wasn’t happening a month ago or last year.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Agreed. This is why I’m happy that Sammy won us a game we probably should have lost. Got dominated in the first period. got dominated in the third. Sammy kept us in it. That wasn’t happening a month ago or last year.

Nah. That wasnt a stolen L.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Had the game on the background and wasn’t able to pay too much attention. Assume RB was freaking out at the 5 on 3 caps were given? Was it a bad call?

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
For so many years I've watched other teams call up a host of kids who score and win games for them, and holy crap is it fun for it to happen to us.

We all know it wouldn't have happened without injuries - I wonder how many other years we could have had prospects make the next step if they were given a proper chance?

Absolutely and a love post rating. I would get irritated by this over the years and teams like Vegas who are always involved in trade rumors. I'm enjoying every bit of this season.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Had the game on the background and wasn’t able to pay too much attention. Assume RB was freaking out at the 5 on 3 caps were given? Was it a bad call?
Is whacking the stick of the guy with the puck and breaking it a slash? If not, then it’s a bad call.

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad