Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Blues preseason 10/1/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Probably because he drew another misconduct in his first game back, and both incidents were against the Blues. If I were a Blues fan, I probably wouldn't be too pleased with him at the moment.

Wasant his first game back

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I am mad at Wilson. I want to love him because he plays old school hockey but honestly he is approaching Cooke level of stupidity. I don't even know if the hit was that bad but tweets from people at the game say it was. Probably getting 5 games.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Let's get one thing straight first. Wilson is not knowingly and intentional going after players to end careers.

For all we know player turned his back. Rarely do fans acknowledge that. Player also went through protocol and was back in the game. Makes calling the GM suspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: CapsCrazyX17

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It can't be long before hitting is eliminated completely. There is just too much focus on the few hits thrown now, they will slowly chip away at it until it is gone. The league doesn't want the story to be about a hit Tom threw the next morning.

The modern day overly sensitive fans just can't stomach watching their players get hit without having a meltdown. It's like they forget they are watching a hockey game. Yeo calling it a predatory hit - cry me a river Yeo - you have had your fair share of known pugilists. His player probably feigned injury which is all the rage, and he bought in.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The slippery slope argument regarding removing all hitting entirely is a joke. Get a real argument rather than that BS. Removing headshots and predatory hits that can end careers and ruin players' mental capacity in the future isn't removing hitting from the game entirely. If anything, helping reduce the concussion risk will help save the sport of hockey in the future. Parents are already resisting allowing children to participate in football, hockey is not far behind.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
It won't be an intentional removal of hitting from the game due to overwhelming evidence. Hitting will be removed due to the NHL's complete ineptitude of implementing and maintaining a consistent standard in which to evaluate and discipline actual headshots.

Reactions: RandyHolt

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
This pre-season has not gone well. This season is going to be bad isn't it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad