Pre-Game Talk: Caps at Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
my money is on Lehner get a second straight start, this is going to be a fun game to watch, can't wait to find out out if Dach is playing after the morning skate and if he does that will be fun to see

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
ya, head on a swivel Dach!

Shaw is in a different weight class however he will also be mindful of Wilson on Dach IMO.

I reckon that because Dach is a big body he will be targetted more by ops than would normally be the case, especially if he creates some offence. Ovi is another guy who will run him and there are others.

Hopefully in such a short time as a pro, he has learned that making that extra dangle (and leaving himself vulnerable in doing so) is not something he wants to try at this stage in his career. As he gains experience he will know better how to pick his spots.

Reactions: bwana63

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
my money is on Lehner get a second straight start, this is going to be a fun game to watch, can't wait to find out out if Dach is playing after the morning skate and if he does that will be fun to see
I was wondering why Lehner looked HUGE in net. The guy is 6'4" 240lbs. He's an NFL linebacker.

Lehner looks like a brick wall. It's kind of intimidating.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I was wondering why Lehner looked HUGE in net. The guy is 6'4" 240lbs. He's an NFL linebacker.

ya, he is a big guy for sure, moves well for his size though

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I haven't checked but someone mentioned that Crawford's record against Caps isn't great. With Lehner coming off an excellent performance I would have thought it was logical to start Lehner again tonight. Except for game one I've been exactly wrong about who starts in net.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
So how much money did you lose? :sarcasm:

bet my kid a slurpee so 1.25? or so.

too bad IMO cause Lehner gives the hawks a better chance at winning than Crow does at this point in there respective careers. no disrespect to Crow and all he has done for the hawks but he is just not the same guy

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyJet

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Staying up for this game for sure now.

Are they really going to Dach - Toews - Kane straight away? Thinking about it, it might be a better Nylander - T/K, Dach's game is much less perimeter.

Exciting, either way. If they go that line, it might mean Nylander sits one as Cagguila is pushed to 4th line, although i hope its Caggs - Caprenter - Nylander isntead.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We do not match up well with the Caps at all (not that many teams do). The Hawks come out half assed and this will be a spanking. Hell of a game for an 18 year old to make his debut in, he better keep his head up.

Completely agree Lehner should start against the Caps but I doubt Colliton does it.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
20-10-2019 19-25-13.jpg

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Just woke up from a delirious dream ...
Nylander - Toews - Perlini
And for the entire season! ...
And each guy 30/30 AND line holding its own QoC-wise.

Captain gets both "headcases" minds right - with his great captain thing - and both decide to play 200ft while competing against each other show who's better.

As I say, some sort of delirium hallucinatory magical mystery tour of a dream ...
Full disclosure: New live-in nurse and she may have mixed up my meds, not sure. Will report further details when/if thoughts less foggy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Styles and d rake

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Hoping that crawford can hold it down today, but with dach playing, he could probably give up 8 and still win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad