Pre-Game Talk: Capitals vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Might aswell post it here

@GeorgeRichards
Drew Shore working with Sean Bergenheim and Nick Bjugstad on #FlaPanthers first line. No work on where Brad Boyes is. Not on the ice.

Shore as a winger??? And are we seeing a Boyes trade?

Also first game for Bäckström since the olympic, will be interesting to see how he has reacted. I know that swedish media would kill to get a interview with him right now. So he will have some busy days to come and there will be alot of buzz about him before the game, and I'm sure swedish media will follow the game. But all this might trigger him aswell and make him better.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Should be an interesting game. We've been pretty bad before the Olympic break. Time to see what is left of this team. If anything.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
So what there left to see this year?

Can Huberdeau get his act together?
Will Bjugstad keep getting better and better
Who will we trade
Can Shore start producing in NHL

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Who will we trade

Can Florida outbad NYI and the Flames for the #3 pick?

Will Scott Gomez score another goal?

Will Florida's PP be above 10%?

Lik dis if u cri evrytim

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
From GR's blog:

I don't like the sound of that...

So we're facing an angry and embarrassed Alex Ovechkin, an extremely embarrassed Nick Backstrom, and (in all likelihood) Grabovski in his first game in a month, and our team can't even put together one good practice. This should go well.

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
Also first game for Bäckström since the olympic, will be interesting to see how he has reacted. I know that swedish media would kill to get a interview with him right now. So he will have some busy days to come and there will be alot of buzz about him before the game, and I'm sure swedish media will follow the game. But all this might trigger him aswell and make him better.
Doping is not big deal in NHL, actually pseudoephedrin is allowed in league. Niclas Wallin in Swedish newspaper: "Everybody uses it in NHL, at least have tried it"

JOL

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Doping is not big deal in NHL, actually pseudoephedrin is allowed in league. Niclas Wallin in Swedish newspaper: "Everybody uses it in NHL, at least have tried it"

JOL

Yeah I know, but its still a headhunt by swedish media, and this game will be a major spectacle in sweden. They even had an debat program in national swedish TV today about it and showed most of the questions he got during the press conference there. So he will be under alot of pressure during that game, but its also his chance to show everyone.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh

Who will we trade

I am hoping this happens. To the point where I dreamed about it.

johano90

Nov 27, 2006
South Florida
Can Florida outbad NYI and the Flames for the #3 pick?

Will Scott Gomez score another goal?

Will Florida's PP be above 10%?

Lik dis if u cri evrytim

At one point during this season we had the worst pp in nhl history. Just saying.

As far as this game is concerned, my bet is 5-0 caps. We are out of contention and everyone knows it. Here's to hoping for good trades.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
Ovi takes out his Russian rage from the Olympics on us scoring a hatty in the first, proceeds to sit the whole 2nd and laugh at us, then comes back in the third and gets the double hatty.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Maybe it's because I'm a shameless optimist, but I believe it's within the realm of possibility that- if everything falls into place- we have a puncher's chance of SCORING on Thursday!!!

Believe Red.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Powerplay stinks because we have no players who enjoy scoring. They don't shoot to score. They shoot to "eh, well, hopefully it goes in, if not I'll just take another and eventually it'll go in". Then after the game if they don't score, then they'll talk about how they essentially ran out of time, "well, ya know, we gotta stay within a 60-minute effort and well be ok next time". No you won't. We have players with no swagger. No confidence. They're all way too humble and just happy to be in the NHL.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
As bad as we are, I do see us finishing ahead of the NYI just because without Tavares they're just not the same team. That said, the Panthers haven't shown anything to prove they won't struggle mightily down the stretch. The PP is abysmal, the effort isn't there often enough, and the talent isn't quite there either.

The only real reasons to watch right now are: young players like Huberdeau, Bjugstad, etc. and the fallout of the trade deadline. Other than that, I don't expect much excitement until the draft and/or July 1st, sadly.

It would take an incredible game and effort for the Panthers to win tomorrow, or maybe even this weekend for that matter. Horachek's bloom is quickly coming off the rose.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
From GR's blog:

I don't like the sound of that...

Wtf, is going on with this team? Is this yet another example of the "character" that Dale drafted or do we just have terrible veterans leading this team? A lackluster practice after a bonus of time off?! Well, you play how you practice right?! So, don't be shocked if we see that "practice squad" at some point in the game Thursday. I hope Dale was at the practice, because if he really practices what he preaches, then he won't stand for that kind of crap. Paid millions of dollars for a lackluster effort?! Get the f outta my face with that nonsense.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I starting to think Tallon aint that good judge on character. They can't even show effort during practice?

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
As bad as we are, I do see us finishing ahead of the NYI just because without Tavares they're just not the same team. That said, the Panthers haven't shown anything to prove they won't struggle mightily down the stretch. The PP is abysmal, the effort isn't there often enough, and the talent isn't quite there either.

The only real reasons to watch right now are: young players like Huberdeau, Bjugstad, etc. and the fallout of the trade deadline. Other than that, I don't expect much excitement until the draft and/or July 1st, sadly.

It would take an incredible game and effort for the Panthers to win tomorrow, or maybe even this weekend for that matter. Horachek's bloom is quickly coming off the rose.

Yup.

And add the fact that the practice was "lackluster" looks like interim was the perfect tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad