Post-Game Talk: Capitals Vs Canucks- 3/14/14 7:00 PM Caps Win 4-3

malyk

Apr 15, 2007
The City by the Bay
Nucks team bus broke down according to the team twitter feed. Everyone hailing cabs to get back to the hotel.

Also, Kesler out "a few weeks" with a knee injury.

Must win game for both teams.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
really glad we burned a year of Kuzyas 900k contract to waste him on the grinder line.

vegas says caps should win -146 gambling is the only way to make this stinker watchable

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
lol, Kuznetsov on the 4th line still. Comical. He outplayed EVERY skill forward on our team last game, Ovechkin and Backstrom included. And we're playing an equal train wreck of a team -- perfect to increase his minutes, but nope. Because Oates.

I almost hope we're eliminated from playoff contention ASAP so we can see Kuznetsov and Wilson with more ice time, but I don't even think that will happen. Because.... well, you know by now.

**** Oates.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
really glad we burned a year of Kuzyas 900k contract to waste him on the grinder line.

vegas says caps should win -146 gambling is the only way to make this stinker watchable

Hmm, sounds a lot like Wilson, too.

Nothing quite like burning valuable cheap years of contracts to play them on the 4th line. Brilliant asset management.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Really don't care about watching this team anymore. A win against a Vancouver team that is struggling worse than the Caps wouldn't really do much for me. I kinda think the Caps are expected to win especially with Kesler out now.

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Torn. I want to see Kuznetsov play well, but I also want the Capitals to get destroyed in hopes that there is a shake up. Which might be the key to Kuz progressing anyways.

Always liked GMGM, but its over. Bring in a new Gm with the ability to hire his own coaching staff.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I thought it was burned no matter what....

A few games to get his feet wet isn't killing him...

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
http://www.japersrink.com/2014/3/14/5506604/the-noon-number-cruel-winter
12 - Number of wins the Capitals have since their improbable December 15 win over the Flyers, the second-fewest wins in the League over that span (more on that in a moment). That win pushed the Caps' record to 18-12-3, the high-water mark for the season in terms of points percentage (a 96.9-point pace). And the one team with fewer wins since that mid-December date? Tonight's opponent, the Vancouver Canucks, who have won just ten games in that stretch....
Just ****ing lose.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
He's miles ahead of Wilson, he's 21 going on 22, and coming off $5M per year contract with a 13% flat tax.

Lets piss him off by trying to keep him on a cheaper ELC for longer. Can't argue with that kind of logic.

Halpysback*

And the team travel accommodations are to die for!

Which explains why he's dead... that or sitting on a pile of money he wouldn't have otherwise and only having to deal with being bound to this dysfunctional organization with a 1.25 year ELC.

As much as people hate the idea dude played the game of life as well as he could have given the circumstances.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
He's miles ahead of Wilson, he's 21 going on 22, and coming off $5M per year contract with a 13% flat tax.

Lets piss him off by trying to keep him on a cheaper ELC for longer. Can't argue with that kind of logic.

You missed the point. We don't want him not to play so he doesn't burn a year
We want him to play more to make the burning of a year actually worth it.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Cue Torts speech: "As bad as we are, as bad as we have been, no fuggin way we lose to these guys. This team we're playing, the Caps, they turn guys like Aron Asham and Brian Boyle into offensive superstars. You just have to breathe hard on them and they'll run away and hide. Pummel Green, shadow Ovie until he gets frustrated, and run their goalie with impunity. And no one, no one, should lose a board battle or a puck battle tonight. This team ...this team, they make Charmin look like sandpaper and barb wire."

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We win tonight. Not sure of the score, but it's a "W". Book it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad