Post-Game Talk: Capitals visiting Trotz (1PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
So watching the replays. I'd like to thank Toews bird celly for turning this game around.

Oh, Sammy Saves too.

Last edited:
Reactions: max21

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I couldn’t post cause I was in the car driving through a blizzard in the Allegheny mountains on the PA turnpike in order to get my boy to his tournament. Hockey parents are crazy.

Pulled into the hotel just as Hagelin scores and got to watch the incredible third period.

Man I love this team!!!!!!

Gonna read through the thread now and if you kept the faith, I love you too!!!!

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
So watching the replays. I'd like to thank Toews bird celly for turning this game around.

Oh, Sammy Saves too.
Sadly, Reirden's decision was a necessary one. I'm fairy sure Holtby lets in one of those that Samsonov stopped and it's 5-2. Would have hoped Holtby himself could have shut up those chanting fans, makes me sad.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Ovechkin paired up with the peasants on the 4th line is quite a treat to watch when he is going full bananas. Good for Reirden to give him a shot there as I have a feeling we will be seen a lot of it through the playoffs.

I'm so happy not to be an Islander fan right now. That's one sickening loss.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Trotz, the Isles fans, and the main boards all right now:

giphy.gif

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
But how can you objectively say the defense sucks, not Holtby but the same defense in front of Sammy is playing?

But is it any doubt it seems like we don’t like playing in front of Holtby? The just play better with Sammy?

You just need to look at San Jose to see what happens to a team when you can't rely on your goalie(s). I'm glad we have Samsonov or else we'd be in real trouble.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I couldn’t post cause I was in the car driving through a blizzard in the Allegheny mountains on the PA turnpike in order to get my boy to his tournament. Hockey parents are crazy.

Pulled into the hotel just as Hagelin scores and got to watch the incredible third period.

Man I love this team!!!!!!

Gonna read through the thread now and if you kept the faith, I love you too!!!!

They didn't. I watched the game on replay and was happy I did. Being in here "live" would have been agonising :laugh:

Reactions: Sam Spade

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Dump holtby for a bag of pucks, use cap room for a 3/4d. Bring up ahl goalie to backup sammie. Next cup incoming?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
4th goal changed from Orly to Willy.

I think the 2nd one needs to be changed too from Hags to Panik

Not sure what the Caps cast showed. The MSG production showed Hagelin shoot it in. Not sure why anyone thought Orlov scored that goal. Just the reaction of Wilson showed he scored it.

It would be epic for Hagelin to lose TWO goals in one game

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
The stick change theory has an advantage over health issues theory in my mind. That guy Ovi... glad I became Caps fan one day in 2006 or so. Mostly because I like to ignore ppl here ofc..

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I visit here and the caps Reddit frequently

the caps reddit is such a cancer compared to here

Reirden sucks, blah blah. But the amount of Holtby butt hugging over there is so annoying

I wasn’t able to watch the game but I saw Holtby let in 4 and then we put Sammy and that was it, we won after

But if you go to reddit, every single goal Holtby let in wasn’t his fault. It’s the defense. Defense is bad in front of Holtby?

Like I don’t get some of our fans logic. Can you just almost that Holtby is lost and is gone? It’s over. We had a good run with him but he’s been bad for years. Why can’t some fans just admit he bad now?
I visit here and the caps Reddit frequently

the caps reddit is such a cancer compared to here

Reirden sucks, blah blah. But the amount of Holtby butt hugging over there is so annoying

I wasn’t able to watch the game but I saw Holtby let in 4 and then we put Sammy and that was it, we won after

But if you go to reddit, every single goal Holtby let in wasn’t his fault. It’s the defense. Defense is bad in front of Holtby?

Like I don’t get some of our fans logic. Can you just almost that Holtby is lost and is gone? It’s over. We had a good run with him but he’s been bad for years. Why can’t some fans just admit he bad now?

He won the goddamned Stanley Cup on June 7th 2018. Sure, he seems to be declining; SamSOnov is much better right now. But half of you clowns are talking about him like he’s a piece of trash.

It’s a bunch of internet posters having a verbal field day on the starting goalie on the best team in the league. This guy has had a humongous impact on this franchise, and on our lives.

I get it. He’s played poorly for a large part of the year and he’s most likely on the decline. The amount of relish some of you are taking in pointing this out is quite frankly pitiful, repetitive and f***ing annoying. It’s on every page of every freaking thread for Pete’s sake.

It’s clear as day that Reirden is taking the slow approach to grooming SamSOnov so we have two options when the time comes. Completely abandoning Holtby and potentially overworking the rookie is a stupid idea, especially with the cushion we currently enjoy.

That’s what happening. We’re being coached by an intelligent human being. Shut up and deal with it.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Is it just me or Holtby and Grubauer situation all over again?
Right - it’s totally that. Which is why you don’t deal Holtby, because playoffs are a whole different animal (as the 2018 run showed) and a Holts with something to prove is the best Holts. He’s playing himself out of the no. 1 gig right now, but that doesn’t mean that he can’t still end up helping the team this year.

That said, the question of whether the org should go through the machinations of trying to re-sign him I think has been answered

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad