• Garin Bjorklund

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
LuJo is still Calder eligible?

Neat.
To be eligible for the Calder Memorial Trophy, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league
I believe the only "major professional league" would be the NHL but maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Stan Galiev

Sasha Minor
May 15, 2015
Lujo is 26 so I would believe that would make him too old for the ROY and technically not a prospect. I think he is an NHL player in the few games he played tbh. As for the poll, Big Len should be the slam dunk here.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Lujo is 26 so I would believe that would make him too old for the ROY and technically not a prospect. I think he is an NHL player in the few games he played tbh. As for the poll, Big Len should be the slam dunk here.
The cutoff is September 15th and he turns 26 in November. This will be the last season he will be eligible for the Calder.

Reactions: Stan Galiev

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Mentioned in the other thread but I voted Cristall because he has the highest NHLe score among current Capitals prospects. I imagine I’ll be the single Cristall voter, but…

1692141775609.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Mentioned in the other thread but I voted Cristall because he has the highest NHLe score among current Capitals prospects. I imagine I’ll be the single Cristall voter, but…

View attachment 736289
Love it twabs. Perfect!

I do think Miro is the big dog, as I also stated in the other thread.

That said, this is a FAR MORE EXCITING top 8-10 prospect/players than we’ve had in a long long while. Thinking like 15yrs at least.

Excellent!

Reactions: Corby78

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Leonard, pretty easily. Miro is up there but there are still questions to be answered. With Leonard it would be a shock if he wasn’t at least a quality middle six winger. As it stands he looks like an Oshie/Wilson hybrid. Very excited for him.

Shoutout to the person who voted for Hardy Haman Aktell. Hardy, you posting on here?? Or maybe it’s his dad.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Leonard is the safe pick, and the one I voted for, but Miro fully healthy and back on the development track puts them nearly neck and neck. Dude as a top 10 talent that slipped due to cancer of all things, his body's possibly not even done dealing with all the weight and progress he lost and he still looks like a little animal. Looks better every day, did amazing in pro games given all that shit setting him back... he seems like he's going to be really, really good at this point.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I went with Miro, I perceive both his ceiling to be higher than Leonard's and he's a bit closer to a realistic NHL debut.

Cristall may end up being the best. Sure. He may also be Francois Bouchard redux. Too soon to know.

Shoutout to the person who voted for Hardy Haman Aktell.
In fairness, The Athletic did run this piece last week-ish, which listed Aktell as one of the 5 best players not currently playing in the NHL.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I struggle to find an area where Miro surpasses Leonard. They're sImilar players in a lot of regards in terms of power forward potential but I find Leonard to be the more fluid skater, the better defensive presence to be sure and one better able to change his angles to create shooting lanes.

I'm hugely intrigued by how Miro will fare in camp and in Hershey but there's a great deal of rawness that I'm not entirely sure what to make of. I think he'll be fine but based on the raw skill set Leonard is the smoother prospect.

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Miro 1a, Leonard 1b.

I'm super excited about both, and think both will be special, and hopefully have long All Star + level careers with the Caps.

Miro said he wants to make the team this fall. He may or may not, but it is going to be both interesting and telling to see him try. A kid that has overcome c like he did has a lot of fight in them.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Miro for me, he's elite talent that's probably something like a slightly more physical Tarasenko if he pans out. Leonard is all around a great prospect but think his offensive ceiling is a little lower in my opinion. Time will tell but for now I've got Miro 1a and Leonard 1b.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I struggle to find an area where Miro surpasses Leonard. They're sImilar players in a lot of regards in terms of power forward potential but I find Leonard to be the more fluid skater, the better defensive presence to be sure and one better able to change his angles to create shooting lanes.

I'm hugely intrigued by how Miro will fare in camp and in Hershey but there's a great deal of rawness that I'm not entirely sure what to make of. I think he'll be fine but based on the raw skill set Leonard is the smoother prospect.
I feel like Miro has a higher ceiling, based on purely offensive skills, as well as that same willingness to hit and get hit. Maybe even more so than Leonard, and Miro hasn’t been physically bigger than opponents like Leonard has.

Leonard knows he’s big. Miro doesn’t care if he’s big or not. Little more fearless, maybe? Not that Leonard is not fearless, but there are varying levels and Miro has beaten something far harder than anything Leonard has (to date).

Don’t discount that shit, IMO

Reactions: ArmadilloThumb

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Leonard knows he’s big. Miro doesn’t care if he’s big or not. Little more fearless, maybe? Not that Leonard is not fearless, but there are varying levels and Miro has beaten something far harder than anything Leonard has (to date).

Don’t discount that shit, IMO

This is part of why I want Protas and CMM st C ASAP.

Protas is huge - getting him in front of the net and being physical will distrupt and create chances - something the Caps really need. I think that's what Ovi was thinking with his recent comments. Protas had great offensive production in Junior, and add in him filling out and getting comfortable with some snarl and you might see him as a force in a couple of years. Remember he is only 22 and huge and skilled and has eventually overachieved offensively at ever step-up of his development.

Mix that in with Miro and Leonard and possibly what CMM, Lapierre, Cristall, Suzy and Darkhorse Trineyev and we might already have the rough making of a new core in place before we know it.

Last edited:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Trineyev seems like a dark horse for sure but I thought it was fascinating how many Hershey guys got extra pumped for him in the cup skate. Like… he wasn’t there, he didn’t do much, but the boys really seemed to go extra for him.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Leonard, pretty easily. Miro is up there but there are still questions to be answered. With Leonard it would be a shock if he wasn’t at least a quality middle six winger. As it stands he looks like an Oshie/Wilson hybrid. Very excited for him.

Shoutout to the person who voted for Hardy Haman Aktell. Hardy, you posting on here?? Or maybe it’s his dad.

Im not him or his dad, i just felt like if a 25 year old multi-year pro was included in a prospect list i want to vote for him:)

And, he was second in points on his SHL team whilst being big, mobile and physical. So right now he might actually be the best among the group.

Stan Galiev

Sasha Minor
May 15, 2015
This is part of why I want Protas and CMM st C ASAP.

Protas is huge - getting him in front of the net and being physical will distrupt and create chances - something the Caps really need. I think that's what Ovi was thinking with his recent comments. Protas had great offensive production in Junior, and add in him filling out and getting comfortable with some snarl and you might see him as a force in a couple of years. Remember he is only 22 and huge and skilled and has eventually overachieved offensively at ever step-up of his development.

Mix that in with Miro and Leonard and possibly what CMM, Lapierre, Cristall, Suzy and Darkhorse Trineyev and we might already have the rough making of a new core in place before we know it.
We need to send Protas to the Tage Thompson School of offensive growth. They are built so similar

Reactions: ArmadilloThumb

JayBeagleFanAccount

May 30, 2018
Washington, DC
miro not winning this is so hilarious, i swear no one here actually watched leonard play, dude is a total passenger with no ability to create offense on his own. 1 primary assist playing with 2 top draft picks is pathetic. drafting in the top 10 for grit in 2023 :laugh:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad