Confirmed with Link: Capitals sign Madison Bowey

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
by all accounts this kid is going to be a good player. are we actually *****ing about him being a defenseman or that he signed a contract? come on.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
by all accounts this kid is going to be a good player. are we actually *****ing about him being a defenseman or that he signed a contract? come on.
I...uh...what he said?

Under a competent administration he's 2+ years away and this is a mere formality. Polish him up and we'll see. Curious if he makes Team Canada next winter.

Liberati0n*

Do people not understand that ELCs slide? Burakovsky has been signed all year. Is he playing in the NHL right now?

All this means is that they made up their minds that he was going to be signed eventually so they got it over with.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I...uh...what he said?

Under a competent administration he's 2+ years away and this is a mere formality. Polish him up and we'll see. Curious if he makes Team Canada next winter.

Langway, did they have to sign Bowey to keep his rights, or was that further down the road? I can't imagine it being that soon.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Langway, did they have to sign Bowey to keep his rights, or was that further down the road? I can't imagine it being that soon.
They had another year but, just like with Burakovsky in the fall, they got it out of the way early. It's beneficial for the player since they get a signing bonus even with the contract sliding.

The following must be signed by 6/1 IINM: Stephenson, Djoos & Rissling. Stephenson ought to happen any time now (or have happened already) but curious what happens with Djoos. Maybe he doesn't want to play in the AHL but I'd sign him and let him stay with Brynas for now if that's his preference.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Imho, I think he will be a great player. I don't think he will step in immediately, but he is good trade bait and a potential stud in a few years. Defensive prospects are hard to get and I like the signing.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Congrats to the kid. Hopefully he gets a cup of coffee sooner than later so we can grade him among his new peers.

And yeah why not, lets go ahead and make him coach to close out the year. He would unleash our backend that seems confined to 5 strides and then pass.

Why aren't puck movers and shakers lefties. The few there are get moved to RD it seems Gonchar, Orlov etc.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
after reading about oates ridiculous defenseman rules I am not sure what scotty bowman could do as a dman coach to improve the results. maybe calle needs to quit to divorce himself from the lunacy of the system as so not to get tagged with it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Erskine our 6/7 aside, George has been preaching mobile puck movers and hording them.

What's the point of mobility on the blue if Oates wants them to get rid of the puck quickly. Takes away their speed and stick handling, and makes them predictable. Opposition coaches must be so grateful that we ground our blueline birds.

Erskine may be the Oates prototypical defensemen. Only, he doesn't having him clearing the crease, he is off in his zone skating away from the crease.

So no defensemen are used to their strengths.

I hope Ted cans all the coaches when we get eliminated, and makes George go behind the bench for his final call, before getting canned immediately at seasons end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad