GDT: Capitals @ Sabres 7 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Skinner's 1000 Between Two Stalled Out of Playoffs

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Ya when your linemate isn’t producing either it’s usually going to bring your stats down? Looks like he’s doing well with Peterka to me
I also listed 3 other reasons and didn’t blame only Skinner lmao.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Fun game even if the usual Sabre issues reared their heads - a goal against within 2 minutes of the game, giving up a PPGA on the first shot on the PP in particular. They found a way to win.
would you trade our 1st rounder to Carolina for Brind Chain ?

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
These guys need to calm TF down. They're either getting roasted or clowning the other team. Let's work on stability. Playing your game and those types of cliches

Reactions: Reddawg

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
These guys need to calm TF down. They're either getting roasted or clowning the other team. Let's work on stability. Playing your game and those types of cliches
This is the same basic point I was about to make. No matter who gives the inspirational speech after a win in the locker room (tonight it was 53) it always ends with “let’s keep it going” and that’s always the problem, always. They don’t keep it going. A great win every now and then is good enough for them, and that’s the problem.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They have talented players and a coach whose system has resulted in precisely zero consistency since he got here. They aren’t going to become a consistent well oiled high floor team with this coach. They just aren’t. At best they have a game every so often like that…and outscore some issues enough nights to make a season interesting. That’s as far as they’re going with Granato.

You want consistency you get a coach who cares about accountability. You want everyone to love their coach while missing the playoffs again…stay the course.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Solid win, Tage is looking like his old self lately, way to play spoiler and keep fighting despite having the lead going into the 3rd.

Weird having more positive than negative to say for a change.

Reactions: start winnin

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Dah-licious night for Rasmus and Tage. JJP and Quinn really bringing a lot to the team and our drafted talent as of late. Cozens is going to have to skate harder than he has in his life to keep up with those 2.

Reactions: Dingo44

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
They have talented players and a coach whose system has resulted in precisely zero consistency since he got here. They aren’t going to become a consistent well oiled high floor team with this coach. They just aren’t. At best they have a game every so often like that…and outscore some issues enough nights to make a season interesting. That’s as far as they’re going with Granato.

You want consistency you get a coach who cares about accountability. You want everyone to love their coach while missing the playoffs again…stay the course.
Having a players' coach that doesn't scream at them is not really the problem.

Having a minor league coach who's entire game plan is "just outwork the opponent's execution" is the reason for the night and day inconsistent results.

This team has talent and when their effort outworks their opposition's ability to execute, they look great. But some nights, other teams will be executing better than any effort the Sabres can put forth, and they will be badly outplayed in those games.

82 games is also a long season. Expecting them to give playoff level efforts every night to outwork every other team for 82 games is unrealistic. Some nights the legs just aren't there, and on those nights, having a pro system to fall back on so they can play smarter and not necessarily harder would make them a lot more consistent.

With Granato, when the team doesn't have the legs to work harder, he goes to his coaching toolbox, and the only tool in there is the "Granato Line Blender 2000", and it is not enough.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Great game. Really wanted Jeff to bag one

Power and Dahlin dominated this game.
Zach Benson is this good at 18. Blows my mind every single shift.
It took them 70 games to put JJ on the top line.
This was the first time since Quinn came back that he looked back.

The talent is clearly here. I’m still excited for the summer.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I hear the talent is there.

It is. There is no doubt the Sabres are loaded with talent.

The problem is it’s too much of the same type of talent. And a coach and GM that are in over their heads.

Reactions: Irie and oldgoalie

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Enjoyed seeing them press the play last night. Wonder how loose they would have been if Wilson was on the ice?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad