GDT: Capitals RedWings 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Great shift by the Caps, lots of great touches and high-low zone play

like I said Miro probably isn't worth keeping just yet but holy smokes he's not far off looking like he belongs in the NHL already in spot duty, made some nice touches on that shift and played within himself
Depending on injuries, might see him quite often this season for the Caps

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
welp, that's enough winning for my sports teams, time to dissociate through the rest of the Packers game and then watch the Mariners lose again

How did Backstrom's skating looked compared to last season?
I thought it looked a half step quicker, like his brain no longer has to think about the safest and least-painful way to make pivots. He's not fast out of nowhere, it's still Backstrom, but he was making much more confident and sharp motions and managing to stay a step ahead of his reads like he used to

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

Oshie seems slower than Backstrom now. Shrug.

Advantage AA/HHA for sure.

Interesting to see Cristall with a negative offensive impact. Granted, I didn't see him doing a lot of positive offensive zone stuff and thought a lot of his best work was in the neutral zone, but I wouldn't have expected a net negative.

real positive signs from Backstrom and Kuznetsov compared to last year, though none of these impact stats should matter at all for those guys without full NHL rosters, never know if they're carving AHL guys to make the stats look better but the eye test matched the graph for both of them, they looked much more reliable and dynamic.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I had no idea that Alex Lyon was already 30. Guess it makes sense given that he went the NCAA route. But I remember that brief period where Flyers homers thought he'd be their next big thing in net.
Well yes, but "Flyers goaltending" has been an oxymoron for years :laugh:

Reactions: Hivemind

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA

Oshie seems slower than Backstrom now. Shrug.

Advantage AA/HHA for sure.

Lol Lujo wrecks Iorio in Hershey a lot too. He was brutal tonight. I'd say he blew any chance he had to make the team out of camp. AA and HHA probably split the games until Ed returns from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad