GDT: Capitals RedWings 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Just don't repeat the past mistakes.

If Backstrom is as done as last season, no reason to force-feed him top minutes again. Bump him down to the 3rd line and find wingers that'll work as his feet.

Pray Kuznetsov cares. If he plays good and we still end up outside of Playoff race, trade him at the earliest possible chance. Even if it's just for cap space. He's not going to give a shit once we enter the tanking phase.

Reactions: um and Neil Racki

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Watching the replay this morning.

- Cristall's puck skills are so unconscious at this point that he made a prosaic backhand pass up to another forward to gain the zone look beautiful: head up, at speed, he threw a little curl and drag sauce on that backhand, and I'm convinced he didn't even think about it. (Pass was on-target.)
- HaHA looked like a big defensive D with a good first pass. Good signing if this is his level of play.
- 19 & 92 both looked good.
- Miroshnichenko won board battles.
- CMC's game was good - he worked.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Carbery & Love get a lot of shine but I'm intrigued by Muller's potential impact on the PP, the centers and faceoff plays. We saw the bumper spot flip down to more of a playmaking role at times, mirroring the opposite side's lower hub, into a rotating left shot in a flipper bumper role. It's not a massively different look but is a new wrinkle. Oshie has the hands to execute it. Maybe not so much the feet when D come at him but it's the start of variety.

Muller could also pay off at the faceoff circle and the center's positioning given his resume. Not expecting miracles at this stage but just adding further to their professionalism and the respect he's earned makes for a welcome contrast.

Last edited:

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
It's really refreshing to have talented offensive prospects again.

Super happy for Backstrom. He made me hurt when I watched him try to skate the last couple years. He looked good to me. Liked their line a lot.

Alexeyev and Häman Aktell looked good to me. Alexeyev's skating looks improved and Häman Aktell moves the puck really well. Alexeyev definitely rolls the dice a bit, but having two large mobile puck moving defenders available is awesome. Hope they can continue to impress through preseason.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
hopefully guys wont have much injuries and we will be entertained

that little much I saw tell me Oshie, Backstrom and Wilson could have a better season this time around

if Kuzy will also, that's a backbone of a team

defensively suspect still though

PS: And Dowd is already making exciting offensive plays too :P what a man!

Reactions: Calicaps

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The Good Good
  • Backstrom's speed and just looked much more natural on the ice out there
  • Miro..having rarely played RW was impressed, he as physical and looks from that stand point ready for the NHL.
  • Kuz in general
The Hey Not Bad
  • Aktel
  • Alexyev playing on the off side.
The fairly meh
  • Did Strome actually play?
  • LucasJo
  • Snively

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Watching the game now, i gotta say my boy Hardy is looking pretty solid. Just steady, and a good first pass. Granted, opposition is not NHL level really but still.

Bäckström also looks quicker than i remember him, the acceleration is quite decent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Racki

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
The Good Good
  • Backstrom's speed and just looked much more natural on the ice out there
  • Miro..having rarely played RW was impressed, he as physical and looks from that stand point ready for the NHL.
  • Kuz in general
The Hey Not Bad
  • Aktel
  • Alexyev playing on the off side.
The fairly meh
  • Did Strome actually play?
  • LucasJo
  • Snively
Now that you mention it, I have no memory of Strome playing.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
The Sandin-Carlson duo rocking an 80%+ xGF. Sure, it might be a preseason game against some AI-generated players from Detroit, but 38-74 are going to be just fine.

I'm holding onto this post, and placing it in my back pocket
1696042915757.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad