Confirmed with Link: Capitals re-sign Garrett Pilon (2 years / 1.5 Million)

Johnny Danger

Jul 7, 2002
Suisse
Visit site
he continues developing, is having a great season in the AHL so far and made his NHL debut and scored his first NHL goal.

what's your opinion on Pilon? what's his potential?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Marginal NHL player with a lot of competition for what looks to be only a few spots going forward.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Thought his 1st game was pretty good, seemed very comfortable out there, wasn't hesitant
2nd game wasn't impressive
Jury's still out until he gets more chances w/the big boys

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
This is same contract they signed Pinho to. What is really means is that in year 2, if he plays in the AHL (like Pinho) he collects his full $750k salary but we can bury it with no cap ramifications. I like the deal (structure, term, amount). it’s a good way to keep bubble players around and engaged.

That said, I suspect when Pinho’s contract is up, we will offer only a 2 way contract.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is same contract they signed Pinho to. What is really means is that in year 2, if he plays in the AHL (like Pinho) he collects his full $750k salary but we can bury it with no cap ramifications. I like the deal (structure, term, amount). it’s a good way to keep bubble players around and engaged.

That said, I suspect when Pinho’s contract is up, we will offer only a 2 way contract.

It also makes it easier to get him thru waivers

Reactions: DWGie26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad