Prospect Info: Capitals Prospects and Minor League Affiliates (Hershey Bears, SC Stingrays) - 2014-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Benton Maass, D, University of New Hampshire Wildcats (Hockey East) – Easily one of the biggest early surprises of the NCAA season, Maass has gone from a deep-round Washington Capitals pick to a top offensive threat from the blueline in dramatically little time. A slick-skating puckmover with size, Maass has nine points (all assists) in seven games to lead all conference blueliners. NHL arrival: 2022-23

Full article here.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
LOB recalled, Peluso sent down to Hershey. The Bears also recalled Kelly Zajac from SC due to John Albert being day-to-day. He will also hopefully help bring some offense to a bottom six that's struggling

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
How's Siegenthaler performed in Hershey? I know he's playing 2nd pair min and has 1G-1A through 10 games. He'll be ready start of next year. Could it be sooner?

Chockey Hockey

Jul 4, 2014
Most times you leave the game thinking that you hardly noticed him. To me, that is a good thing for a d-man.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
My only gripe with Siegenthaler is that he is overly aggressive against opposing forwards entering the zone. I've seen him step up on the forward entering the zone and try to lay a huge hit or hip check and get danced around pretty quickly. Hopefully this is something the coaching staff is pointing out to him and working on. Other than that, Siegenthaler has been very steady.

Johansen played a lot better Saturday night compared to last weekend when I saw him. It helped that Hobbs unfortunately broke his wrist 5 minutes into the game while missing on a big hit. All the young D were pretty much thrown into the fire out there and spent a lot of time in all situations because each team had at least 5 PP opportunities.

Still really liking the play of Colby Williams this year so far. He is such a fluid skater and has improved in his own zone this year. One of the real stand outs in a 4-1 loss against Toronto on Saturday. He also was Hershey's player of the month for October.

Chockey Hockey

Jul 4, 2014
Johansen is suddenly becoming very Djoos like to me. There are a lot of similarities however I think he will fill out more than Djoos.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Chris Bourque is the new league leader in points. He's been on a hot streak lately.

Bau with 2 goals and an assist last night in Providence. He's finally looking like he has adjusted and turned it around. 7 points in 12 games. If he keeps that up he earns himself a contract

Lucas Johansen has 10 points in 16 games, good for 4th on the team

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Marthinsen had another hat-trick today, 15+4 in 13 games
I am pretty unfamiliar with the league he is playing in. Is putting up numbers like he is in the j20 elit league that special, or is he simply not good enough for a better league and is stuck playing in a less competitive league? (according to eliteprospects he's currently the only drafted NHL player in that league)

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I am pretty unfamiliar with the league he is playing in. Is putting up numbers like he is in the j20 elit league that special, or is he simply not good enough for a better league and is stuck playing in a less competitive league? (according to eliteprospects he's currently the only drafted NHL player in that league)
It's 2nd tier junior hockey in Sweden. I'd say in comparison to North America it's the NAHL compared to the USHL. To use a comparable Caps prospect Axel Fjallby played in tier 1 Swedish Junior after he was drafted and put up 37 points in 32 games. He also made a good many appearances for the big club in the SHL. This year, his second year after being drafted he's a full time player for his SHL(professional Swedish leauge) team and has 5 points through 19 games.

I'm not overly excited about Marthinsen just yet, fact is he needs to move up a level within his club to the Allsvenskan(the AHL of the SHL) and produce points there for me to get excited. Not taking anything away from him but he needs to be playing better competition to turn any heads.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
What’s up with Samsonov?
His team was ridiculously good last year, they're mediocre this year and his numbers are struggling because of it. I think the positive news is that he's probably going to get more games this year than he did last which has been par for the course. Each year they've increased his workload. For awhile him Samsonov seemed on track to split the games 50/50 but recently they've turned to their seasoned vet(and one of the best KHL goalies ever) to help try and right the ship.

JayZIH

Nov 29, 2017
pretty good performs for Vanecek last night it looks more bigger and more stronger than last year.
Do you think there is any chance of making the Caps in the near future?

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Do you think there is any chance of making the Caps in the near future?

I don't know what they'll do with Vanecek. I assume Copley is in front of him on the organization's depth chart, and Copley himself is sort of stuck since Grubauer is still around. Samsonov should theoretically be coming over soon and that will make things even more clogged. I don't know if he gets much of a chance with Washington unless they run into serious injury troubles.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
How RBarber doing? He making a case for a look this season ?
He's been pretty non existent the last couple of games I've seen him play. I will say he seems more engaged physically this season, but he hasn't been very noticeable. He had one great scoring chance from the slot last night and he sailed in high and wide. He's pretty much better suited to be on a scoring line with good linemates. He's a passenger as @Hivemind has said before about him.

I know the last time I called him out he went on a scoring tear, so hopefully he does so again.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey won their annual teddy bear toss game last night. They came back and beat WBS in OT on a Chris Bourque PP goal.

Hershey collected a team record 25,017 teddy bears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad