GDT: Capitals @ Maple Leafs | 1/29/23 | 5:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Our strategy is to collapse into our zone and surround the puck carrier. We pretty much give up entry.
Not only that, the stupid system has the team chasing too much. This is an older roster, so it would be smarter to play positional hockey in the D zone and not chase the puck carrier so much. This system doesn't slow teams gaining speed in the neutral zone. With this roster as is and being one of the older teams, you have to clog the neutral and counter-attack.

Reactions: Voodoo Child

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Lars Eller had not had a single point this month. Can anyone tell me Protas shouldn’t have gotten a sweater after his last game?
No disagreement. The problem is we have a coach who refuses to mix young players with vets. Lavi doesn't develop young players. Preds fans complained about the same thing. I'm already for Boudreau to come in. Bruce knows how to develop young players and still have chemistry with the older players. If he came back coaching us, the D-men won't be as crappy when McPhee was GM.

Reactions: Misery74

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Questionable personnel choices (Protas..I would of started Chucky tonight) and lack a GAF/60 by Kuzy and Mantha. Comes down to coaching...

Reactions: um

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Wow, 3 shots in 14 min down by 3. Yup, Lavi and BM, just need to play harder. Maybe trade for a sleep, responsible vet at the trade deadline.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
If they lose against Columbus it's time to seriously consider offers from teams that are looking to upgrade for the playoffs. I'm to the point Lavi is just unbearable and it's a tossup between him and Reirden over Oates as complete buffoons of the Ovy era.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
BDF138CB-3C2D-4BAF-B77B-69CFEE1195EB.gif

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Unreal how a team can go from playing so well to looking like a lottery team in a matter of a few weeks.

That's what you happens when you replace younger faster talent with old dinosaurs that can barely skate. Remember how we were outshooting everyone in the month of December? Now we can barely enter the other teams offensive zone rofl.

like I said about 2 weeks ago when we lost that back to back to the Flyers and Backstrom/Oshie/Wilson came back. we're gonna get blown out by faster teams.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
You know why this team has had so many injuries the last 2 seasons plus? The hockey gods are punishing us for not retooling with a youth movement. The game is faster. Older players are more susceptible to injuries when the game becomes faster.

Reactions: koalabear9301
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad