News Article: Capitals in disarray

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
A blog is a good idea, we're the awesomest and knowledgeablest fanbase on the entire boards. You just need to find our niche.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
You left out Hunter, who also had a beef with the Caps. But Poile holdover guys coming back as a coaches many years later when their playing careers are over has nothing to do with why recent players badmouth the organization and the locker room, or why so many players seem to butt heads with management.

I thought Hunter requested a trade to a contender to make one last run, and got his wish?

Kolzig was mad because he wasn't the starter anymore after the team traded for Huet, which was deserved, IMO. Kolzig was getting worse as the team was getting better. But you can't just keep playing a veteran because he's been there a long time.

Bondra didn't even want to go.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Maybe it's just because I don't pay as much attention to other teams, but I can't think of a non-cap who has requested a trade other than Erat in Nashville and Dany Heatley after he killed Dan Snyder.
I think Heatley did it in Ottawa as well. Rick Nash is the most recent non-Cap I can think of. I don't follow the rest of the league as well as I used to anymore either, so I'm guessing others might think of more.

Animus

Mar 10, 2011
Bowie, Maryland
Maybe it's just because I don't pay as much attention to other teams, but I can't think of a non-cap who has requested a trade other than Erat in Nashville and Dany Heatley after he killed Dan Snyder.

Easy on the Dany Heatley stuff, that about ruined his career and its not like he meant to do it.

A bunch of players recently have requested trades. There is about one on each team that does. As Stewie G said...Rick Nash, Dany Heatley, Bobby Ryan (about 4 times over 2 years), Jonathan Bernier, Tomas Tatar (Didn't get traded but requested and is he happy now that he has playing time) and I "think" Michael Del Zotto did as well but I am really iffy on that.

Caps aren't the only ones that have players that do this, just have more than other teams.

Liberati0n*

Easy on the Dany Heatley stuff, that about ruined his career and its not like he meant to do it.

Note to self: Bring up Dany Heatley killing Dan Snyder as often as possible from now on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad