Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Coyotes 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
why don't they put beagle out to take the f***ing faceoffs. We lose the first faceoff in overtime every time. Did we even win one of them during this overtime?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Well that was f***ing weak. We literally could not get the puck away from them in OT. Poor performance all around from beginning to end. No drive at all from anyone, team flat out didn't show up to play tonight except Grubi. Loser point, move on to vegas and play better.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It's not real hockey so won't lose a wink of sleep but Grubauer looked leaky on two of those goals. I'm not even saying Grubs was bad, just that he probably should stop that tying goal at least.

Take the point and move on.

Reactions: calicapsfan

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
They were getting ready to exit the zone. I think Wilson is responsible for getting that puck out. He didn't, Demers jumped on it and it was an odd man situation down low.
Yeah, but also, we sucked throughout OT. We couldn’t even gain possession. Started to feel like foregone conclusion Keller would finish us off. He looked faster and more confident than anyone else on the ice.

Not an impressive finish for the road squad. Too bad, too, because the 2 points were there for the taking.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Looks like another quick playoff exit this year as well. Same old throw the puck of the zone to the other team defense and turtle to close a game.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Gruby...meh. Made some nice saves but didn’t when it mattered. No surprise to me nobody is kicking down the Caps door to trade for him as their #1.

Pretty good most nights isn’t enough.

Reactions: maacoshark

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
It's not real hockey so won't lose a wink of sleep but really Grubauer looked leaky on two of those goals. I'm not even saying Grubs was bad, just that he probably should stop that tying goal at least.

Take the point and move on.

There was no one in front of the net except for a coyote on the tying goal. that guy tipped it by grubi. No way to put blame in home for that one. It was shitty D coverage

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Yup. The passing has been utter garbage and as we have seen throughout the Trotz era there’s no urgency with a lead.

They can't make more than two consecutive passes in a row. Its why their play style is so choppy. There is no flow to their offensive game. We win because of individual effort coming through for us. Its seriously not because they have an offensive strategy. I mean, they will win games. They will compete for this division. We've seen them do that under Trotz. But winning this way isn't going to help them win in the playoffs.

Why won't Trotz try to do something different? The team gets crushed in the playoffs year in and year out. What does he think will happen if they continue along the same path this year?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Well, to be fair, betting on Caps to exit early is pretty much always a good bet.

its just irritating that we've won 13 of 16 and one loss and this board has an epic meltdown. we got a point, they were gonna lose sooner or later

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Looks like another quick playoff exit this year as well. Same old throw the puck of the zone to the other team defense and turtle to close a game.

How do you reach this conclusion based on one game? Not saying we aren't going to lose early in the playoffs, but this seems like a huge overreaction to a single OT loss against a team we face twice a year.

Yeah, but also, we sucked throughout OT. We couldn’t even gain possession. Started to feel like foregone conclusion Keller would finish us off. He looked faster and more confident than anyone else on the ice.

Not an impressive finish for the road squad. Too bad, too, because the 2 points were there for the taking.

My post was before OT. We really need to win that first face-off in OT. I liked it when we had Beagle and Kuznetsov to start OT and Beagle would just head off the ice for Ovechkin after winning the draw,

Reactions: troyerlaw

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They can't make more than two consecutive passes in a row. Its why their play style is so choppy. There is no flow to their offensive game. We win because of individual effort coming through for us. Its seriously not because they have an offensive strategy. I mean, they will win games. They will compete for this division. We've seen them do that under Trotz. But winning this way isn't going to help them win in the playoffs.

Why won't Trotz try to do something different? The team gets crushed in the playoffs year in and year out. What does he think will happen if they continue along the same path this year?

What does he think? That if he qualifies for the playoffs, even if the Caps don’t re-up him, he’ll find another job almost instantly?

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad