OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Bone Tomahawk .. disappointed. Was hoping for a visually engaging cinematography type western landscape movie. The dialogue/writing was somewhat engaging but the pace was a slow burn and I need more big screen panaramic cinematography .. then the violence was contained to about 3 short scenes, everything else was 4 dudes talking around a camp fire.

Weird pace .. was there a story arc? I guess white knight saves damsel in distress.

Felt like a low budget movie all shot 30 mins outside LA
f*** that movie forever.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Hunger Games prequel .. it was okay, missed its mark imo. The first movie of this series was so good then it unravalled into Divergent type territory.

The dueling dual personalities of the main character Snow wasnt really fleshed out but my wife said the book went into it ...

idk .. my daughter picked it so I was hostage and perhaps hostile to it to begin with

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Saw Fall Guy, It was a fun movie. Im not sure when or what happened but Ryan Gosling has been pretty funny this last year or so.

Also watched the Roast of Tom Brady last night on netflix. Some good jokes, and I liked them going commercial free and being able to use XXX words on netflix unlike the old comedy central ones. If you dont want to watch all of the 3 hours jump to the end for Bill, Peyton, and Tom.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Baby reindeer on Netflix. All I have to say is wow, very much worth a watch.

Finished it last week. Yep, probably one of the best shows Netflix has done in recent years. It is not an easy watch but the show balances humor, drama and seriousness extremely well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad