GDT: Capitals and Isles | 1/16/23 | 7:30p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Makes sense you wouldn’t bring Wilson and Backy into the lineup and have them play on the same line to start. Got three games, and then tonight put people that work well together like OV-Strome-Sheary. Now we have a third line that is a huge improvement from a month ago.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
he's said repeatedly that he's so happy to finally not be in pain.
1673933232933.gif

Reactions: Calicaps

Fred22406Capsfan

Jan 19, 2020
Read through the Isles game day thread. In summary: Refs, refs, refs, f Washington, man our GM sucks, our team is soft, etc. There's a lot of loathing over there!

Reactions: ovikovy817

CapsCrazyX17

Jun 20, 2003
Washington, DC
Read through the Isles game day thread. In summary: Refs, refs, refs, f Washington, man our GM sucks, our team is soft, etc. There's a lot of loathing over there!
My favorite is everyone whining and complaining about how nobody on their team stepped up after the Ovi hit on Pageau and that the refs were ignoring dangerous hits and that they wish someone had lined up one of the Caps in retaliation... completely ignoring the fact that one of their guys knocked Dowd out of the game on a very similar hit along the boards earlier in the game (which was also a non-call)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
My favorite is everyone whining and complaining about how nobody on their team stepped up after the Ovi hit on Pageau and that the refs were ignoring dangerous hits and that they wish someone had lined up one of the Caps in retaliation... completely ignoring the fact that one of their guys knocked Dowd out of the game on a very similar hit along the boards earlier in the game (which was also a non-call)
I didn’t see anything wrong with the hit on Dowd…..bad luck he got dinged.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
Uh, pretty much everyone on this message board? :)

I wasn't trying to take personal credit - in fact it's sad that everyone here and about 80% of Caps Twitter that isn't stuck in 2018 understood.

I cannot have fans out-strategizing professional coaches. Keep it simple Lavi, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Reactions: Neil Racki

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Assume this thread will shut down shortly. But just on last night, the hits led to more physical play and the dirty goal by Hathaway.

But then last half of the game, we were finally moving the puck with speed. Some of that is familiarity and knowing where your linemates are going to be. But the speed and pressure intensified greatly. Hope we can build on that tonight.

also, I mentioned this before, but Lavi really had to put Wilson and Backstrom on different lines to get them going. Can’t have two guys coming back from injury on the same line. Now they have found their skating and playing legs, and it made sense to put them together and reunite other lines playing well previously. Really loved That third line. Much better than third line we were icing previously even during our win streak.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
When we depend on ANYTHINGM Blaine Forsythe runs we are toast. We have probably the least dangerous 6 on 5 to go along with our bottom half PP. Can anyone even remember the last 6 on 5 dangerous opportunity we’ve had (forget a goal)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad