Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
OH YE-

1656190527896.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm not posting in this not GDT because its not, um, what, wait, ur...

Isn't there a signup thread for these posted. Yes there is. there's been no posts in it since june. Scratches head.

This is like Twilight zone.

oh snap its prime day or amazon day or something. go buy all that stuff online. Something weird going on..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just posted this in another thread;

People are about to be shocked at how poor ticket sales have been going this offseason. Oddly the media have said nothing at all about this.

Just look at the Buffalo game, game 3 for how many tickets havent' been sold. Just a guesstimate from looking at seat map that fully HALF of the upper tier is unsold. They are blue, unsold. We're not talking resales, we're talking unsold. Thousands of tickets unsold.

The sabres game is going to be a huge reveal on how many tickets will be unsold. Its shocking. I get it. The economy is bad, inflation, economic hurt, but people are voting with pockets to stay home. I haven't seen this many available seats for an Oilers game since they built this arena.

Heres a telltale sign of Oilers org not recognizing Edmonton economic situation. Resale seats for that game selling for 40bucks. People already realizing they'll take a bath in that game. Somehow most of the original tickets are priced at 104bucks starting. Thats tone deaf. Ticket prices increased during the worst economic calamity in decades.

Even for the home opener, which always sells out hundreds of tickets available with game only hours away. Yeah, you heard it, hundreds of tickets still available, unsold, for the opening game. several hundred resales as well.

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Just posted this in another thread;

People are about to be shocked at how poor ticket sales have been going this offseason. Oddly the media have said nothing at all about this.

Just look at the Buffalo game, game 3 for how many tickets havent' been sold. Just a guesstimate from looking at seat map that fully HALF of the upper tier is unsold. They are blue, unsold. We're not talking resales, we're talking unsold. Thousands of tickets unsold.

The sabres game is going to be a huge reveal on how many tickets will be unsold. Its shocking. I get it. The economy is bad, inflation, economic hurt, but people are voting with pockets to stay home. I haven't seen this many available seats for an Oilers game since they built this arena.

Even for the home opener, which always sells out hundreds of tickets available with game only hours away. Yeah, you heard it, hundreds of tickets still available, unsold, for the opening game. several hundred resales as well.

As someone that buys single game tickets often - you're wrong. The Sabres game you're referencing on a weeknight early in the year would be one of the least desirable games on the calendar so not a good litmus test at all. The amount of blue you're seeing in the upper deck was the case for every game last year almost, not just the duds.

Last season at this time virtually every game outside of the Montreal/Toronto/Calgary games had all kinds of availability all over the rink regardless of opponent regardless of time (ie Friday/Saturday nights with high demand). Hasn't been the case this year for a bunch of the games I've purchased. In a few cases I got the last pair anywhere lower than row 10 in the second deck.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
As someone that buys single game tickets often - you're wrong. The Sabres game you're referencing on a weeknight early in the year would be one of the least desirable games on the calendar so not a good litmus test at all. The amount of blue you're seeing in the upper deck was the case for every game last year almost, not just the duds.

Last season at this time virtually every game outside of the Montreal/Toronto/Calgary games had all kinds of availability all over the rink regardless of opponent regardless of time (ie Friday/Saturday nights with high demand). Hasn't been the case this year for a bunch of the games I've purchased. In a few cases I got the last pair anywhere lower than row 10 in the second deck.
Its a perfect litmus test of how poor STH were this offseason and how many of those are unsold. I'm not wrong. you're wrong. ;)

Seriously I look at this type of thing and attendance regularly. Something I've followed for decades. Not since the 90's has there been so many tickets unsold. The Buffalo game unsold is unlike anything I've seen since.

In anycase as I mentioned the Oilers are tonedeaf on pricing. The resale market is evaluating demand very low and tickets as low as 40bucks. Oilers had it pegged around 100buck minimum for most seats. Thats a troubling discrepancy last seen in the 90's.

Its one game, but a low demand game is the perfect one to illustrate, reveal, how poor STH renewals and sales have been. It provides evidence of it, and all we have because the media and Oilers are of course not saying anything about it.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Its a perfect litmus test of how poor STH were this offseason and how many of those are unsold. I'm not wrong. you're wrong. ;)

Seriously I look at this type of thing and attendance regularly. Something I've followed for decades. Not since the 90's has there been so many tickets unsold. The Buffalo game unsold is unlike anything I've seen since.

In anycase as I mentioned the Oilers are tonedeaf on pricing. The resale market is evaluating demand very low and tickets as low as 40bucks. Oilers had it pegged around 100buck minimum for most seats. Thats a troubling discrepancy last seen in the 90's.

Its one game, but a low demand game is the perfect one to illustrate, reveal, how poor STH renewals and sales have been. It provides evidence of it, and all we have because the media and Oilers are of course not saying anything about it.
Averaged a bit less than 15K per game last year, around 80% of capacity. Be interesting to see where we are this year, but I suspect it will be north of that #.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad