Pre-Game Talk: Canucks vs Flames. HNIC. 7PM. Saturday. It All Begins Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Flames will be playing their third game of the year and will be more of a well oiled machine compared to the canucks who will be playing game number 1 after a week of sitting idle. I expect Miller will have to hold the fort for the first period or so for the cnaucks to find their legs, catch up to the pace and get moving.

On the flip side it will be the thrid game for the Flames in a short span to start the season and they will be playing back to back with travel in between. I'd expect them to tire the back half of the game.

Think the Flames exploit the canucks third pairing and Willie's inability to get and use match ups and get themselves a victory in OT.

Also...what happened to the supposed plan of playing the last 3 pre-season games with the expected lineup (with a couple of pieces moving in and out)? Final game of the pre-season and they weren't even using lines you expect they'll start with. Bizarre.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Hah that review of all the HNIC intros is gold. My body is ready.

The first time I saw that new Rogers intro I had to laugh. They went from basically burying Ron MacLean on Hometown Hockey to positioning him as like the king of HNIC.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Can't wait to see how those D pairings go for the Flames tonight...

Gio-Wideman
Brodie - Engelland
Jokipakka-Hamilton

Gully going for balance.
What do ya think... Gio-Brodie back together after 2 goals against?

Who's their shut down pair? Brodie- Engelland?
Engelland in their top 4?

And this team is supposed be a challenger for a playoff spot and we aren't??
People have lost their minds.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So it begins with the Flames on Saturday...Finally!....first nine of 15 at home and then a long road-trip....we'll have a pretty good idea of where this team is at, very quickly....but division games are always huge....just win, baby!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gaudreau was holdout and just signed a six-year, $40m deal....but he must be rusty....skating and practices aren't like games....The Flames need to be careful with him....guys who miss training camp seem to always be behind and then injury-prone.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
No tank talk in GDTs, serious or not. The rules regarding this have not changed since last season.

how does criticizing willie differentiate from benning in terms of thread rules.

see i can imagine benning criticism for the team being just poor is not allowed

but when willie makes questionable on ice decisons that is prime discussion correct

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Gaudreau was holdout and just signed a six-year, $40m deal....but he must be rusty....skating and practices aren't like games....The Flames need to be careful with him....guys who miss training camp seem to always be behind and then injury-prone.

Nah... Johnny's good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad