Canucks Sports & Entertainment Looking at a Professional Rugby Team for the City

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
According to Jason Bocthford last night in the Provies they are also targeting the BC Lions - we know that and the Vancouver Whitecaps FC those two along with the Rugby Team would be tennants at BC Place Stadium .

Rugby could really work especially in a North American League

Last edited:

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
The owner of the Toronto Wolfpack says another Canadian Team will be added in 2 years and sees a North American League within 10 years time

Rugby can really catch on here in North American. The 7 series is very popular across many cities. Vancouver being on of them

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I've got a lot of Kiwi in my blood so Rugby has always kinda been on my radar as a sport I've liked but there's literally no coverage of it up here. I like playing it and I enjoyed watching it in the Olympics.

I actually might watch a Rugby team quite regularly if they actually are televised, and sure as hell more than the Lions or Whitecaps.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Yeah I love watching big squat guys trundle into each other and form big sweat manpiles. Sometimes one guy will run really fast for a few seconds.

This sport is somehow slower and less interesting than American football. Total crap to watch, sorry. I know they're great athletes. They should devote themselves to something worthwhile.

Reactions: Jyrki21

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
That is not rugby 'union', but rugby 'league'. It is a different sport, but with many of the same fundamentals as 'rugby'.

13 players on the field instead of 15, no lineouts and no contesting for possession at the tackle.

It is comparable to football, but with no forward passing, no blocking and no first downs. It's faster than 'rugby' as most people know it.

Plenty of pretty entertaining highlights on YouTube..worth wasting a little time on.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I would go watch professional rugby.

The cfl is boring and dead.

Fold the league.

Reactions: Ryp37
May 31, 2006
As long as they don't do that stupid choreographed dance that the New Zealand national team does, sounds good to me.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I would go watch professional rugby.

The cfl is boring and dead.

Fold the league.
I mean I’d agree the cfl product felt stale this year but I’d feel bad for the loyal masses such as my father that love this league.

I’d still prefer MLB over all

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
How about we support the existing teams instead of bringing in what are, for this market, fringe properties.

I include the NBA in this, and I've been watching NBA my whole life.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I mean I’d agree the cfl product felt stale this year but I’d feel bad for the loyal masses such as my father that love this league.

I’d still prefer MLB over all
it's been stale for 5 years and really hasn't thrived in like 10...

the reality is the NBA would succeed in vancouver this time around.

increased minority groups, and it's incredibly popular for young people.

Reactions: The Drop

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I enjoyed playing rugby in high school but I don't think it's a great spectator sport. I've never really enjoyed watching it at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad