Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Olli Juolevi to a 3-year ELC

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Would Hanifin of benefited from another year of jr or was the NHL the best option i wonder. So much potential there

In what world would anyone think a Dman going back to college/Jr vs getting 79 gms @ 18mins per in the NHL would be preferential. 14 games with 20+ minutes as well vs NHL caliber talent.
What's a typical college schedule anyways? 35 games? 35-40 games vs college players VS 79 vs NHLers.

I remember foocusing on him in the Eddie Lack game... It was pretty clear Hanifin wasn't out of place. He played in the best place for his development last yr.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
"I'd told them about Benning, that unless he was good enough to play regularly it would be better if he went back to junior hockey for a year", Imlach said. "A lot of other clubs did that with their young ones, called them up from time to time and they did well. But the Leafs kept Benning, and after he'd played the ten games allowed a junior, they couldn't send him back. If they (the Leafs) try to force feed these kids into the lineup just to say they're a young team, its no going to work. These kids have to have the atmosphere and the competition to develop their skills naturally. If they're in over their heads they won't get the opportunity because all they'll be doing is trying to hang on."

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
6'2" 186 lbs.

He is probably 15 - 25 lbs from his desirable playing weight in the NHL. I'd rather he went back to jr ...

Its not like we are making the playoffs this year .....

Please let Larson or Pedan have his spot, and then trade them at the trade deadline. I want more picks at the 2017 draft, where this year we bleed picks for no reason ...

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I don't even know why it's a discussion if he should play in the NHL or not. Only exceptional players play in the NHL the year they get drafted. Ekblad, McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Matthews, MacKinnon, Jones. Juolevi can still try and improve offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad