TSN: Canucks Schedule Discussion

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Well, suppose we get a chance to start the season by proving who's better between us and San Jose. :laugh:

Obligatory

2nvqhat.gif

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I also just realized. October, Luongo....

This might be a long month.

Seriously, between October and November we play three games at home and eleven away. What the hell?

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Eddie Lack is gettin' that start, remember what happened the last time we played a morning game in Pitt?

Yeah, that time around though I believe we had a game in New York on Wed., Minnesota on Fri, then Pittsburgh on Sat. Gillis then promptly complained about that schedule like any good GM would do. That was ridiculous.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

Seriously, between October and November we play three games at home and eleven away. What the hell?

Might have had more to do with AV not getting the actual starting roster players together and ready until the final pre-season game rather than Luongo letting a few softies in. October was his best month in FLA.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver

Could be the organization's request. There's still heavy construction going on around the stadium.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Long Weekend in California, nice!

Thursday November 7 San Jose
Saturday November 9 Los Angeles
Sunday November 10 Anaheim
Monday is Remembrance Day

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
15 games in October and two back to backs. 7 game road trip early on. It's going to be a tough haul.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver

I am not concerned I think Luongo will play just fine. I hope the team comes out strong so Luongo does not get worn out for the playoffs.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Guance-Hansen
Sestito-Richardson-Santorelli

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler-Corrado
Bieksa-Tanev

Luongo
Ericksson

I think Ericksson will be playing the starting of the season due to Lack's hip injury but you never know these two will battle it out in the pre-season. I think we should let Horvat and Shinkaruk improve in the minors because they still have work to do like skating. In 2015 or 2016 they should start running the 3rd line. For defense it is kind of a mix it up until something works.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
My special days:

Oct 3rd Thurs: Rematch against the Sharks

Oct 5th Sat: Lets trash some Oil

Oct 8th Tues: Match up against Schneider and the Devils

Nov 23rd Sat: Against the SCC Chicago Blackhawks

Dec 13th Sat: Lets kill the Bruins!!!

Feb 4th Tues: In Boston lets kill em again!!

Those are the days that will appeal to me mostly the Boston games and Chicago I think we can take them.

OH YA I ALMOST FORGOT THE HERITAGE CLASSIC WILL BE FUN TO WATCH.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Might have had more to do with AV not getting the actual starting roster players together and ready until the final pre-season game rather than Luongo letting a few softies in. October was his best month in FLA.

I certainly hope so. Given the circumstances, Lu needs a solid start to the year to dispel most of the naysayers.

Could be the organization's request. There's still heavy construction going on around the stadium.

Ah. Wasn't aware of the construction. That would explain the large number of away games we're playing up front.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008

Tough starts are okay. Helps with team building. I like the long road trips at the start of the season. If they can be at 500 at the end of November, they can start getting more points after a tough start. Not expecting the Canucks to be front runners, but they could lap a few teams as the season progresses. The bonus is that the Canucks get a ton of home games right at the end of the season. That should allow them more rest and practise time to get ready for the post season.

DunCanuck

Mar 29, 2013
Victoria
I'll be attempting to score tickets for:

Jan.7th vs. Penguins- One day before my birthday, I figure I'll gift it to myself ;)

Mar.2 vs. Senators @ BC Place- Should be a memorable game and a reward for completing my 3rd year of university!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad