TSN: Canucks Schedule Discussion

Tanevian*

I think Marty B once had a shutout against the Canucks in a game where we had something like 5 shots? Maybe 8? This would have been in the late 90s, and tt was a record for us. Does anyone remember this game?

Funny how that game sticks out. I remember watching it at a bar in White Rock.

Are the Canucks still the only team in the league that Brodeur has a losing record against?

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
When do individual game tickets go on sale

Mid-September, I believe? I remember that's how it was a few years ago at least, I've been getting them all Craigslist a few days before the game in recent years though.

What I want to know is when will the Senators/Canucks game go on sale? And the pricing scheme?

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey
Im REALLY looking forward to the season opener. Just take it to the Sharks, statement game, as much as game 1 out of 82 can be. I know if it were me, i'd be so jacked up to play the team that swept me in the first round.

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Funny how that game sticks out. I remember watching it at a bar in White Rock.

Are the Canucks still the only team in the league that Brodeur has a losing record against?

You guys sure? I checked from 1995-96 to 2002-03 the only time the Devils shut us out we had 23 shots on goal and Vanbiesbrouck was in net for the Devils. Lots of 2-1 losses in that time though, perhaps I'll give those a shot.

EDIT: Perhaps I have found it. December 18, 1996. 2-1 the final score in favour of NJD. Shots on goal 30 for NJD, 8 for VAN. Who scored for us? Gino Odjick. :laugh:

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/poboxscore.cgi?H19960418

The guy must hate Vancouver or something. Career 6-12 vs Canucks. Without counting ties or SO losses, the next best is Detroit, a powerhouse dynasty during his career...9-9.

Last edited:

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
You guys sure? I checked from 1995-96 to 2002-03 the only time the Devils shut us out we had 23 shots on goal and Vanbiesbrouck was in net for the Devils. Lots of 2-1 losses in that time though, perhaps I'll give those a shot.

Yeah someone found it earlier in the thread, I was wrong. It was a 2-1 loss where we had 8 shots. I recall the feeling in the city the next day was not positive, towards the Canucks or the NHL itself.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Oh, more Marty/Jersey facts. In the 2000 playoffs, round 2, game 6 I believe the Devils beat the Leafs 3-0. Shots were NJ 27, TOR 6. Crazy. How do you even do that? Classic New Jersey Devils.

Funny part is Sergei Berezin had 3 shots to himself.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yeah someone found it earlier in the thread, I was wrong. It was a 2-1 loss where we had 8 shots. I recall the feeling in the city the next day was not positive, towards the Canucks or the NHL itself.

AH, yes didn't bother to check. Wanted to do my own forensic stat-checking hehe.

I can imagine it's pretty demoralizing only putting up 8 shots throughout a game. 6 is pretty damn bad too.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Im REALLY looking forward to the home opener. Just take it to the Sharks, statement game, as much as game 1 out of 82 can be. I know if it were me, i'd be so jacked up to play the team that swept me in the first round.

You're planning to go to San Jose I take it? Our home opener is against Edmonton.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Found it, December 18, 96.

Somehow we only managed to lose 2-1 while having 8 shots

Was at this game. Got charged with a late penalty after showing late signs but ultimately pulled the classic Canucks disappointment.
Was 7 at the time. First game ever. Still have the Linden jersey from that day.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Might as well post it here also.

YES, I have calgary ahead of the oilers.

Well the draft is over, the off-season is in the "null" mode, I think it's a good time to make some early predictions.

Which teams are the risers, Which teams are the fallers.

Metro Division

Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Islanders
Columbus Blue Jackets

Philadelphia Flyers <-- Wild card.
New York Rangers
New Jersey Devils
Washington Capitals
Carolina Hurricanes

Atlantic Division

Boston Bruins
Ottawa Senators
Tampa Bay Lightning
Montreal Canadiens

Toronto Maple Leafs
Detroit Red Wings
Florida Panthers
Buffalo Sabres

Central Division

St. Louis Blues
Chicago Blackhawks
Dallas Stars

Colorado Avalanche
Nashville Predators
Minnesota Wild
Winnipeg Jets

Pacific Division

Los Angeles Kings
Vancouver Canucks
San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks <-- Wild Card
Phoenix Coyotes
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers

New Playoff Format.The 2013-14 schedule ensures that all 30 teams play in all 30 arenas at least once during the season.

The Stanley Cup Playoffs will still consist of 16 teams, eight from each conference, but it will be division-based and a wild-card system has been added.

The top three teams in each division will make up the first 12 teams in the playoffs. The remaining four spots will be filled by the next two highest-placed finishers in each conference -- regardless of division -- based on regular-season points. It will be possible for one division to send five teams to the postseason while the other sends three.

The seeding of the wild-card teams within each divisional playoff will be determined by regular-season points. The division winner with the most points in the conference will be matched against the wild-card team with the fewest points; the division winner with the second-most points in the conference will play the wild-card team with the second-fewest points.

(If I screwed up how the playoffs work, please correct me, thanks.

Rising Teams.

Philadelphia Flyers
Tampa Bay Lightning
Dallas Stars
Colorado Avalanche
Phoenix Coyotes

Falling Teams.
Washington Capitals
Toronto Maple Leafs
Detroit Red Wings
Minnesota Wild
Edmonton Oilers

Summary

I expect this season to be the most different, and unique season to date. With new schedule and conferences, I see very good teams struggling, and teams who had performed poorly before Rising. This is just my opinion, but I expect a ton of positional changes in the standings.

Last edited:

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
I think we'll see 5 teams make the playoffs from Pacific and Metropolitan, and only 3 from Atlantic and Central.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
@lucbourdon

Why are the Canucks not in the falling teams category? Why are the oilers there?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
@lucbourdon

Why are the Canucks not in the falling teams category? Why are the oilers there?

Good point. Hard to fall when you are the oilers.

Canucks are likely to be steady - 4-6 range, about where they were.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Don't understand why CBC doesn't pick up early Van/Pitt game. But to carry some early Oiler or Flame games through the year
The CBC has a max of 15 Canuck games. It sucks but they decided not to carry the Canucks-Pens game.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad