Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Nils Aman (2-years/0.825mAAV)

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
What do you mean? It’s the usual transaction announcement time; late on a Friday.

it is weird timing to extend a player coming off an elc at this time of year, no?

solid contract and no reason to not do it, but typically this is the kind of signing that happens in like, mid-july? or around training camp.

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
it is weird timing to extend a player coming off an elc at this time of year, no?

solid contract and no reason to not do it, but typically this is the kind of signing that happens in like, mid-july? or around training camp.

You’re right, it is but he’s not your typical rookie coming off an ELC.

Reactions: Indiana

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Nice! He's a really good organizational depth guy who is a high end player in the AHL and very effective in the NHL. He was already a capable regular last year and will probably be again at some point soon. For now it speaks to our gradually improving depth that we can stash a player like this in AHL and call upon him when needed.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
You all realize what this means to a borderline guy .. right?

These AHL NHL tweeners can set themselves up for life with a contract like this. A one way 2 year contract worth $1.65 M is pretty much as I made in a life time as a professional engineer. Even if his career fizzles after this, if he is careful, this can carry him for life. Happy for the guy.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I really liked Aman last year early on but he deserved to get sent down when he did. Came back and formed a pretty effective bottom-six line with Joshua/Garland. Probably would have made the team this year if not for salary reasons.

I'm pretty sure the Canucks could have qualified him with a two-way deal so it made sense for him to lock himself in here when he did.

I do always wonder for these fringe guys if it's actually worth it to sign for slightly less or the minimum as it takes out the possibility you'll get burned in a cap crunch like what happened to Aman this year.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Nice one, he played good enough to make the team out of camp but it was a numbers game. Not mad either as he got more season playing more minutes in Abby.

Should be a regular sooner rather than later

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad