Canucks put Jim Dowd, Zhitnik and other blueliners on the block

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Now that the UFA period is over, I'm sure there are teams looking to fill out their rosters or strengthen certain positions.

Anyways, first off, Jim Dowd is available, and for cheap too, like a draft pick. He's going to have a good DF rating, and he's signed at 1.1 mil for only one more year, so unlike many guys that teams will try and dump, he's not some financial disaster. For all those teams that missed out on Stephane Yelle, Wes Walz or something, make an offer for Dowd. I just have too many similar players.

Perhaps more importantly, I have a collection of extra quality defencemen and am looking to move one, maybe two. David Tanabe, Karlis Skrastins, Jiri Slegr and Nolan Pratt are all available, but I'm looking to add a scoring line player in return, at least for Tanabe and Skrastins. Those two have two more years left at $562,500 and $663,434 respectively, which is a real bargain considering they're both top 4 guys in the NHL.

Alexei Zhitnik could be dealt as well, but strictly if the return includes a good scoring line player of similar ability (and understandably similar contract).

Send me an e-mail at [email protected] or PM me on the board because I can't access that e-mail during the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad