Pre-Game Talk: Canucks@Oilers Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Possible line combos for tomorrow. Petan now on the outside looking in with Lammikko and Chiasson in the fold.

I still really, really hate Hoglander’s placement.

I think if Green switches Pod and Highmore, that would be fine for what we have. Every lineup has had the question mark of who is going to be the 3rd line center. Dickinson doesn't bring any offense, but Hog n Pod could drive the play vs weaker lines/d-pairings, while Dickinson can help get the puck back. Seems like an obvious switch, but as is we've got 2 lines with no identity.

But of course that raises the question as to why Hoglander was skating with Bo in preseason, but for GM1 it looks like Garland? Oh well, at least Focht and Dries got some extra looks, should pay off bigly never.

Bigger question for me is which 3 d pairings are going to play. If Hunt and Schenn are in instead of Rathbone and Burroughs, Green should be canned now so the season has a shot.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Only in Green’s world is a league minimum salary pto player a top 6 guy

btw, any team could have signed him at any point he was on his pto and they all chose not to

Reactions: Nucker101

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Chiasson?
drink-chug.gif

Petan?
upload_2021-10-12_20-25-26.gif

Schenn?
upload_2021-10-12_20-26-10.gif

Hunt?

upload_2021-10-12_20-26-51.gif

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-12_20-24-49.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-12_20-24-49.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 6

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
He hasn't played in the AHL since 2016/17 season. What's the issue?
The issue is that he's a 7 or 8 guy at best, not a top 6 guy.

It shows both a lack of depth and that Green continues to force washed up veterans into the line-up in place of young guys.

Hunt, Chiasson, Schenn, Dowling, etc.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Friedman live during the Vegas game has us in his western conference playoffs haha.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. It's finally here.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Friedman live during the Vegas game has us in his western conference playoffs haha.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. It's finally here.

I’m guessing it’s going to be 5 central and 3 pacific teams. I’m not sure who will be third in the pacific….I feel like it might be a turtle race.

Reactions: Samzilla

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant

Possible line combos for tomorrow. Petan now on the outside looking in with Lammikko and Chiasson in the fold.

I still really, really hate Hoglander’s placement.

If these are the lines for tomorrows game, then it will be disappointing to see. You are effectively neutralizing Hoglander and Podkolzin by isolating them on the 3rd and 4th lines. Hoglander and Podkolzin together would make things happen (Dickinson at C). Then the 4th line can manage with limited minutes.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
If these are the lines for tomorrows game, then it will be disappointing to see. You are effectively neutralizing Hoglander and Podkolzin by isolating them on the 3rd and 4th lines. Hoglander and Podkolzin together would make things happen (Dickinson at C). Then the 4th line can manage with limited minutes.

WTF is Green even doing here.

Reactions: The Poacher

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
It’s pretty amazing that Jim Benning, in a year he’s admitted they are going for it, and in a year where he will almost certainly be fired if they don’t make the playoffs, he somehow goes into the season with Hunt-Schenn as his third pair, on an otherwise healthy team. And this is coming off a year where his team’s biggest weakness, quite clearly, was defense. It’s almost impressive.

Reactions: tantalum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad